Family photo

Family photo

12/29/2013

Looking Back at 2013

I can't believe another year has gone by! Here are a few of the things we've had happen this year. These are in no particular order.

- Mike went to another group within Fidelity. He's in the High Opportunity group now, and enjoys it.
- We paid my car off!!!! YAY! Mike's will be paid off soon, double yay!
- The Lowder March Madness was held in Utah this year. We went to a lot of games. They really need more comfortable seating at the Energy Solutions arena. We did get to sit in row 6 or so for one game though, that was fun.
- I think the biggest news of the year is that we got pregnant! It's been fun to watch our baby grow on ultrasounds, pick out a name, feel him move, etc etc. We can't wait for him to get here! Mike is still hopeful for a 2013 tax credit baby. LOL!
- At the end of May we went to Zion National Park. We had a great time hiking and camping. I love doing that stuff with Mike! He is like the best hiking/camping partner ever! On our way back we stopped at Cedar Breaks! Very pretty, and very cold!
- Over the 4th of July we went to San Diego! My grandparents were there on their mission, and it was so fun to go visit them and see all the sites! Fred came and stayed a few days as well, it was so much fun!
- Speaking of my grandparents, they came home from their mission this year. They came home in August, so we made it out right in the nick of time. And we drove out, so we got to help take some of their stuff back to Utah. I am glad we did, because I don't know if they could have gotten everything back home! ;)
- Mike and I celebrated our 4th anniversary this year! Best 4 years of my life! Life just keeps getting better and better with this guy! I love him!
- In November Mike went out to Oregon. He had a great time seeing family, going to a Blazers basketball game, a Ducks football game, looking at waterfalls, seeing his long time friend Adam, and being back where he grew up.
- In November I went to Delaware for work! It was my very first work trip, and I hope it won't be my last! It was fun to see the Discover branch and another center.
- Projects: Hmm. We pulled out the weeds in the front garden, stuck down some landscaping material and filled it in with bark. It looks so much better! We put shelves in our pantry closet, I FINALLY finished the cupboards (HOORAY!)
- Mike finished his goals to receive his Woodbadge Beads! Go Mike!
- I won tickets to go see Disney on Ice this year. We doubled with some friends, it was a fun time!
- I got my Associate's degree!! I finished with a GPA of 3.72... Honors!!
- I started school at BYU!
- I found the most delicious trifle recipe EVER.
- Mike has melted my heart and swept me off my feet over and over and OVER again. And he's made me laugh countless times. I am so lucky to have him in my life!!
- We went to the US World Cup Qualifying Match against Honduras! It was SO fun! And we had GREAT seats!

That is all I can think of for 2013. It has been a great year!

No comments: