Family photo

Family photo

12/29/2013

Christmas

Christmas was so great this year! It is great every year. This is the last year Mike and I will have Christmas with just the two of us, so that is crazy to think about.

This year on Christmas Eve we went up to my Grandma Andrushko's house. We sang songs, did the nativity thing, ate delicious food and pie, enjoyed good company and opened presents. Little man made a good haul and he isn't even here yet! He got a cute blanket with a monkey, some outfits, and a super SUPER soft swaddler wrap. I love those swaddle things, I can't wait to use it!

After that we went to my parent's house and stayed the night there. We all got new pajamas (I love new pajamas)! We were woken up at 7:15 (thanks Mom for giving us an extra 15 minutes, we were supposed to be up at 7) and opened presents. My brother Nate got a keyboard! He has taught himself to play the piano and is super excellent at it. I bet he will love that keyboard! Brandon and Josh got some sweet Nerf guns. I am kind of excited to have a baby boy.. because then I get to buy cool Nerf guns and play with them. I mean.. help him play with them. My dad surprised my mom with an iPad mini! She was so shocked! The best part was he gave her a shoe box, taped the iPad mini box to the bottom of the shoe box, and covered the iPad box with some of his old shoes. HAHA! When she opened it she was like "Umm.. I get these?.." It was pretty funny. And my dad had a sweet love note engraved on the back of the iPad mini. So cute! My parents gave us a super cool NetCam camera for the baby's room! It's great! I can look at the baby's room with my phone, listen to audio, take pictures, record, all of that fun stuff. I love technology. I gave Mike his iPod. He liked it! And I got an elliptical from Mike! I have been wanting one for a while. Yay! After we opened presents my dad and the boys made stuffed French toast! It was DIVINE! Ohhh it was so so delicious. Thanks dad and boys! Yum!

After Christmas at my parents we went up to Grandma Medskers. We ate tons of food and opened presents there. Grandma and grandpa gave us a book by Brad Wilcox that I am excited to read! My favorite present we gave was to my grandma and grandpa and to Fred. One of my most favorite pictures from our California trip I printed off and put it onto frames and gave to them. I printed them as 8x10's and the picture was taken with my iPhone, I was surprised how well the photo turned out! I think they all liked it. I will include a picture below.

We didn't get to see any of Mike's family on Christmas since they all live away. But we did get to talk to them on the phone! Mike's parents got us a sweet pressure cooker. I'm excited to use it! And the book it came with has recipes, too so even better! My sister in law, Amber, gave me a giftcard for a MASSAGE! Thank you Amber! I can't wait to use it!

We also got to see Sister Jasmine Medsker on Christmas.. via Skype! I love technology. Her and her companion sang a song for us, and I bawled. It was just so beautiful! I cry every time Jasmine sings. She has such a beautiful voice and she sings with such love and conviction! I loved it. Jasi wanted to see me and my growing belly. So I stood sideways for her. Haha!

I love Christmas time and all the family stuff! It's just so great!


This is the picture I have to Fred and also to grandma and grandpa. I love this picture.

Syd and Waffle Cone on Christmas morning. Syd is so cute even when she just rolled out of bed! I'm jealous!

I wasn't here for this. But it is Christmas related. Santa shoed up at my parent's house a few weeks ago. I wish I could have been there!

Ask me if I miss the beard! Noooope! ;) But if he grows it again and gets more white hair he might make a good Santa! Haha!

No comments: