Family photo

Family photo

7/10/2013

9 Week Appointment!

We had our 9 week appointment. I really didn't know what to expect besides a pee test, checking my blood pressure, taking blood, etc. I was hoping we could hear the heartbeat of our little growing baby but I wasn't getting my hopes up. When we went back and met with the doctor he said we were going to listen to the heartbeat and have an ultrasound! I think I immediately had a perm-a-grin. I was so excited. I had convinced myself we for sure wouldn't get an ultrasound. So a lady took us back, and Mike sat down and I laid down. I got all that warm gel stuff on my belly and then TA DA! Our baby! It was so surreal! I still can't believe that is growing inside me! I was so happy Mike could be there with me to see. He was smiling and seemed happy with a little cross of "oh my gosh, this is crazy." I talked to the doctor for a bit after with some questions and then went home with a bag of goodies which included some pregnancy magazines, a book, and some samples. Sweet! Hopefully in 2 more appointments we can get a peek at the gender!

I stole this of of my friend Chelsie's blog. I thought it was too cute to not do!

How far along? 9.5 weeks, today I think.
Total weight gain/loss: I don't think I've had any weight gain or loss. It fluctuates a little day by day but generally is the same, holding at 125.
Maternity clothes? Nope.
Stretch marks? No. I better figure out what to do to help combat those... 
Sleep: I sleep pretty well. I can't drink anything right before bed anymore. I'm usually up by the time I really have the urge to pee, so we are still good there. I've had a few toss-turny nights but I blame those on allergies.
Best moment this week: First appointment!! It was so amazing to see our little baby!
Have you told family and friends: One or two friends, his and my parents. And my sister guessed. That's about it though.
Miss Anything? I miss panini's. This whole no sandwich meat is so sad.
Movement: Not yet! Hopefully in a few weeks!
Food cravings: Chocolate milk. Ohhh I loooove chocolate milk now even more than I did before. And I crave baked or mashed potatoes a lot.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Ohhh yeah. If I get too hungry, if I get too full, if I have spit in the back of my mouth, smells like the garbage can send me running and a few sights make me sick, too.
Have you started to show yet: Nope! Not yet!
Gender prediction: I think it will be a boy, and Mike thinks it will be a girl. We are both pretty sure in our prediction, so we will see who is correct on this baby!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Usually happy! Sometimes scared out of my mind. Occasionally I do have mood swings and I want to cry because something is "touching." But really its not touching and I find myself saying "Come on, Emily! Pull yourself together!" I'm also a little more sensitive than normal. 
Looking forward to: Our next appointment!


And here are some pictures of our cute little growing baby that still looks like a bean with sprouts coming off it. ;)




No comments: