Family photo

Family photo

7/31/2013

17 Weeks and Dr's Appointment!!

First off, I need to take more pictures of myself, I know. I am determined not to do bathroom selfies for this week though. So it might take a few more days. I feel like I look huge. But I don't. At least that is what people say. Mike says I look "a little pregnant", which is good. Here is my weekly questionnaire!


How far along? 17 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 5 pounds ish.
Maternity clothes? Nope.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Sleep has been good so far. A restless night last night, but I was really excited for today.
Best moment this week: The gender appointment, definitely.
Miss Anything? Being able to bend down normally and put on my socks. I can still bend over, but I feel all squishy on the inside and I don't like it, so I opt for the awkward bend. I also can't plug my phone cord in under my desk anymore with a quick bend over and done. I have to get out of my chair and squat or kneel down. HAHA!
Movement: Not yet... I am really hoping soon.
Food cravings: Cotton candy.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just random things. Like if I've eaten the same food for lunch or dinner I have to switch it up with a bite of something else or I gag when I've been eating the same flavor too long.
Have you started to show yet: Maybe a bit! Especially after I eat.
Gender: See below :D
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! And tired lately.
Looking forward to: Our next appointment and showing family and friends pictures of our baby!

Other: Well. My back hurts a lot now. Just my lower back on the left side. I have had the pregnancy brain a few times now and it is not fun! I feel like if I really have to go to the bathroom then I waddle a little bit. That is all.

And to our pictures.... of our sweet baby BOY!!! First.. a short story.

Once we got into the ultrasound room the doctor asked, "So what do you guys think?" I said, "Mike thinks it's a girl, I think it's a boy." Within like 2 seconds of looking around he says "Well, you are right, he's wrong." Just like that! He said he's 99.99% sure it's a boy. From looking at the pictures, I think he's right. 

On a side note, so I remember this years down the line. I had to pee SOOOO BADLY! I went to the bathroom at work at like 2:45 (the appointment was at 4:30) and then I was worried that my bladder wouldn't be full enough or whatever so I drank a whole bunch of water really fast. And then I drank orange juice on the way there (so the baby would be a movin'!) ohhh my gosh I had to pee. So the doctor said, "oh man you are like ready to burst! I could make you pee right here!" Haha! So after he saw that it was a boy real quick, he let me go to the bathroom and he had to take a phone call. After that we got to look at our baby more and take a few more pictures. I am glad I did not pee on that bed. That would have been horrible.

Okay, here are the pictures!!

So I don't know what the baby is doing here. But the picture is zoomed in a lot, and the thing hanging down is his.. umm.. thing.

And there it is again! My baby's bits! Everyone take a look!

Here's the first picture the doctor took. Our first glance at the "goods".

And here is a cool picture of our baby's head and back.

Yay for Baby Boy Lowder!

No comments: