Family photo

Family photo

9/29/2013

Giant Pumpkin Weigh In

Yesterday was a day Mike and I look forward to every year. It was the Giant Pumpkin Weigh In at Thanksgiving Point!

We have a friend that participates in growing a giant pumpkin every year, and a few years we found about about this weigh in and have been going ever since. I love it! It's so fun to see the huge pumpkins. Not to mention I love getting soft serve ice cream there. Mike and I split the biggest cone, and it's huuuuge. For only $2! Can't beat that! Anyway, this year was fun as always, but my mom and Syd came down and met us there. It was so fun to see them!

The pumpkins were pretty big this year, but no one came close to breaking the state record set two years ago. I think the record is 1600 pounds! This year there was also a giant pumpkin pie. They also had the usual assortment of huge gourds, watermelons, tomatoes, etc. So fun.

After the Weigh In we went to the Traverse Mountain outlets in Lehi really quickly. Syd wanted to see if she could find a coat. She found a really cute one! I love the Columbia outlet. If you ever need a coat, look at the Columbia Outlet. Mike and I both have coats from there which we like, and they have great prices.

After the outlets we ran home to change for the Relief Society broadcast. On my Relief Society announcement paper for the past few weeks it said it would be broadcasted at the stake center, so we drove over to the stake center. No one was there! So we drove to a different church by my house, and that one wasn't showing the broadcast either. I have no clue why it wasn't being shown at my stake center. Anyway, on the way to my house Syd and mom saw a church that had a lot of cars and so we went to that church and watched the broadcast. I felt bad getting in so late, and then there were only seats in the front so we had to walk up all the way and everyone was looking at us. I felt so bad interrupting! (Sorry mom and Syd!) Right before President Monson spoke (I loved his talk by the way, it was beautiful. He always speaks right to my heart. And I love how much he still loves his wife, it's so cute. Definitely something I strive for in my marriage) anyway, right before he spoke, Syd leaned over and said "Wow! This broadcast has gone so fast! We should be 20 minutes late every time!" I died. Ohhh my word. So funny.

After the broadcast we headed to Leatherby's. I dropped Syd off at the front to go stand in line to get us a table. Leatherby's is the happening place after church functions like that. So I went and parked the car with my mom. We walked up, and I feel like such a dummy, because I tripped over the curb! In front of a bunch of people waiting in line. Lovely. I hit my knee and hands pretty hard. I remember thinking "Nooo! Just don't hit the stomach!" on the way down. My knee got scuffed up, and I hurt my wrist a bit. My wrist is fine today but my knee is still sore. Anyway, my mom helped me up and I felt like crying for making a scene and falling and I was shaken up because that's the first time I had fallen like that since being pregnant and I was worried about the baby. But I didn't cry! We went in and found Syd and got a table. We ordered our ice cream and my mom had a list of questions like a million miles long about what the toppings were on two ice creams she was choosing from. Just kidding it wasn't a million miles long, but she did have a few questions! Our ice cream finally came and it was delicious. Mmm.

After ice cream we went back to my home and I tried to get the baby to move. He had moved a little during the broadcast and a tiny during dessert, but besides that he hadn't moved much. After I poked him for a while he started moving! He had some pretty big kicks. Syd and my mom both got to feel him so that was fun. After that, my mom and Syd had to leave. It was so fun having them come down for the day! I loved it!






No comments: