Family photo

Family photo

9/09/2013

Anniversary, Sisters, Labor Day

Since I've been trying to write my weekly posts about growing Baby Boy, I've slacked on writing blog posts about everything else.


Mike and I celebrated our 4th anniversary on August 21! It was great! I had to work that day, but Mike had the day off. When the alarm went off that morning Mike told me happy anniversary, cuddled me and gave me a kiss. And that is when I knew it was going to be a really good day. This year, I gave Mike golf clubs (he got them a month or two early so he could use them. He was also there when I bought them, so it wouldn't have been a surprise if I made him wait.) I also gave him a phone cover for his iPhone. On the back it has a picture of us. And last but not least, I asked a friend (thank you Travis) to deliver a box to Mike that day while I was at work. I had put balloons in the box with candy bars tied to the end. I hope Mike liked it.

When I got home from work, Mike was playing a video game. But! a surprise was waiting for me on the coffee table!



Mike never buys me flowers, especially ROSES and two dozen!! I might have teared up a little. They smelled so so good. I loved the colors. He also got me some of my favorite candies, and a card. And then (I know, I'm spoiled) he got me a few movies, Little Big Planet Karting (a video game) and an awesome memory card for my camera. I had been talking about wanting a bigger memory card for a while, because my older one only held 500 pictures. This new one holds like a zillion. Thank you honey! After presents and after Mike finished his game we went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse, one of our favs. It was delicious! I am always down for a good steak. Mmm mmmm! That night we ate ice cream and watched our wedding video. I cried. It just makes me so happy! I am the luckiest girl ever to be married to Mike and to be able to spend these past 4 years with him!

Let's see. What else can I talk about. Well, here is one of my favorite pictures ever. (Thanks Cody, for taking it. Thanks Mike for the idea.)


So cute! This is the Sunday our youngest brother was ordained as a deacon and right before Aimee left. She moved on up to Boise! Good luck, Aimee! I love this picture. I look pregnant, but I don't care! Look how cute we all look together!

This year I turned some pictures into the fair. I was really excited because I was fairly confident one of them would do really good. I ordered them, got them, mounted them, paid the entry fee, and the people there accepted my entries. The next day (Saturday, we were up in Ogden) I got a call saying my pictures were disqualified. What?! I was so so upset. The girls said I had mounted them wrong. They were on cardboard, but last year the lady specifically told me to mount it on cardboard. I was also really mad because while I was turning my pictures in there was a lady and her husband there and one of the fair workers was saying "well this doesn't meet this specific criteria, and is wrong, but we will accept it anyway." So they get theirs accepted because it was a panoramic and framed nice? I was so upset. I started crying. She was really nice and said I could come get them and remount them if I wanted to, but I said I was out of town, and I didn't want to drive 2 hours to do that. So much for entering pictures into the State Fair. I'm still really mad.


Here is a picture of waffles that I made. Snickerdoodle waffles. I put syrup on after. They turned out really good! Thank you Pinterest!



And here is a picture of our small Labor Day project! I really like how it turned out.
After we pulled out the weeds, before we laid down the landscaping material.



After. I like it! I think it looks a lot better. I am on the lookout for 3 barrels or big pots to set in there.



Last but not least, I paid off my car! Hooray!

No comments: