Family photo

Family photo

9/24/2008

Every Girl's Horror Story

Well. Its happened. My first BYU horror story. And I can't wait to tell you all. And lets just say I feel bad. There is this guy that has been on my tail for a while and we will call him Harvey for sake of not exposing him. So this Harvey asked me out for lunch a week or so ago. So I went out with him and we went to Panda Express (mmm.. Chinese!) I can't remember if I blogged about that date or not, but anywho, he's asked me out a couple other times and I told him I was busy or I couldn't, etc. And I wasn't trying to be mean, its just like it seemed he had more motives than an occasional friendshippy date. Yeah. Dang BYU RM's. So he sits by me in my music class, and the other day (Monday) he sat a row behind me and his friend was apparently sitting a seat away from me. So they were talking and I was listening to some U2 (cuz they are my favorite band!!) and I guess they were talking about girls and "Harvey" just happened to raise his voice louder so it caught my attention and said something to the effect of he is just dating casually and he doesn't want a girlfriend or something like that. So after class I leave and start walking by myself. I hit a crosswalk and I've got my headphones in and next thing I know, I take a glance to the right and POOF! There is Harvey. So he starts walking with me and asks if I have any homework to do today and I say no (Mistake #1). After we walked for a bit he asked what I was doing when got home, and I old him I would do what I do every day when I get home. Which is sit on the couch for about a half hour then get something to eat (Mistake #2). So he asked if he could come over and we could watch the Newsies (Which I hadn't seen). So I don't have any reason to say no and he was saying earlier (and loudly) he doesn't have any motives but a casual friendshippy date. Ha! So he comes over and we start the movie and my roommate is home and then she leaves for class.. and the movie kinda goes in the movie crisis mode before things get better. (you know, it gets worse before better part) so I'm watching intently (and I give him full points for suaveness) and he asks if I'm okay and I say yeah I'm just hoping everything turns out in the end and he slides over (because we were sitting far away thanks to me :D) and puts his arm around me. I dunno about guys, but girls have this moment when a guy she isn't attracted to puts his arm around her and all these questions come. Like.. "Why is he TOUCHING me? WHO said he could put his arm THERE? WHY is he doing that?! HOW am I supposed to get OUT of this?! WHY DID I GO TO BYU?!?!?" So.. (I give myself double points for suaveness) my back was against the back of the couch, so his arm was like on the back of the couch but touching me, so it wasn't like a death grip hold it was a hey my arm is around you hold. SO.. I put my legs up on the couch by me and pulled my knees into my body and put my arms around my knees so I kinda slouched forward and his arm fell so he had to move it.. hahaha. He didn't try to make any more moves on me, thank GOODNESS! At the end of the movie when the credits barely started coming up I popped out the DVD and told him thanks for bringing it over and letting me watch it. And I think I told him like a week or so ago (cuz we were talking about movies) that I like to watch the credits, cuz I do.. I know, weird. But I think he knew that, but I really didn't care at this point. Well. I think thats the story of Handsy Harvey. Ha.
Oh and also, yesterday I tried calamari. Whoo!
Questions, comments, queries, concerns, etc- you know what to do! Love you all!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck.....some guys!! Good moves on your part to get out of it!! Good luck with the rest of the population down there!!! Love you....

Unknown said...

I knew I should have warned you more about those crazy RM's. Good job on getting him out of there quickly. Keep up the good work : )

Julia said...

ROFLOL! Reading it was better than hearing about it. I was dying laughing. You're awesome Em!

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

Poor Harvey...by the way I totally know the real name of the kid...thanks to your stories while visiting. Your very sly, keep it up!

Medsker said...

Don't forget you can always tell them your uncle would kill them if you let them keep their arm there...the good thing about that excuse is it isn't even a lie :-)

ovjamaica said...

I'd join Fred (and your father) in that threat but then I'd have to explain things to President Hyer and it just gets complicated. ;) Good moves on your part though Em. Keep up the good work. :)

Camille said...

I love it. Guys are so weird sometimes. I had dated my fair share of RM's who are looking and ready to get married. If you aren't ready, which it sounds like you aren't, do just what you did, because one day, a guy will do that and it won't feel weird. Then you know you are on to something!!!

Ali said...

OH Em, I love ya!! I am so glad you called and told me the story. What a gem!! Good luck with all those billion other RM's!!

The Medsker Family said...

So I have rounded up Fred, Bishop Oveson and myself. I also put a call in to Brother Huff and the Burgess Boys. I rounded up the posse' with your Aunt Chelle. We just piled in the shakey car and are on our way. If you are nice you will warn Mr. Handsy Boy!

mary said...

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE! I need to read your blog more often! This story made me laugh! I sure loved those old college days! Way to handle yourself - you're awesome!