Family photo

Family photo

9/10/2008

Life In Happy Valley

Lets see.. what do I have to say since last time I blogged.. Well. Its kinda rainy and gross lately. I haven;t had to walk in a downpour yet.. but I probably will soon. You guys should see all the parties down here with all the alcoholic beverages! I never knew they were so easy to get!! Just kidding. Its pretty much like I live in a bubble here. I'm not sure I like the bubble yet. I'm pretty much afraid to say anything about politics now hahaha. On Sunday we had regional conference. It was held at the Marriott Center and it was packed. Even the nose bleeds were packed.. but anyways. President Uchdorf was presiding and President Packer was also there and so was Sister Dibbs and guy from the first quorum of the seventy. But I don't exactly remember his name. They all talked and it was pretty good. That night there was a CES fireside and Elder Holland spoke I think. I finally got my BYU shirt. Finally. I've been trying to get one since I got down here and yesterday I just decided I would check because I needed to check if a book for one of my classes was in.. which I still need to get. But anyways.. there they were. A WHOLE TABLE FULL! So I took advantage of that. And now I can say I have a BYU Quest shirt. WHOO HOO. I might be in Ogden this weekend.. :D My friend Jaime goes here too and he's headed back up to Ogden for the weekend. So I might just might go with him. We'll see. This week my Family Processes class is cancelled. So I get a whole extra hour to do whatever.. like.. get a jamba. Which is like the floor below me. Tempting. I hope it gets warmer before it gets cold. My roomie Megan wants to go down the Provo River on tubes. My roomies are pretty cool still. Lauren has gotta be my favorite. Megan is pretty cool.. but this last week she reorganized the fridge and freezer 3 times. Lol. Hope likes things really clean. Like if I leave my keys on the table she asks if she can put them away.. it bugs just a bit. The other day Lauren and I decorated our apartment. We got paper and crayons and made murals and hung them up. We also hung up paper lanterns.  So I try to clean up after myself and keep my key and sunglasses leaving to a minimum.. My friend Kirsten has a new friend. His name is Seth. And he is weird. He was telling us how back in the day he was a little rebel, and how some people "can't pull off just one earring in their left ear.. but I can." The way he said that.. wow I had a hard time not laughing at him. CUZ HE COULDN'T PULL IT OFF EVEN IF HE TRIED. That's a pretty mean thing to say too.. I better stop with the mean stuff. Oh we had FHE the other night. That was pretty fun. We played this game to get to know everyone and we ate brownies. Pretty fun. Well I think that is about it for now.

2 comments:

Camille said...

You need to post a picture of you in your BYU shirt. Then you will look really official.
It sounds like things are going well. It's hard to get along with others in such close quarters, but you will learn a lot that will be useful when you get married. You all come from different backgrounds and soon you will all find your nitch as to how to get along best. Just remember that it WILL take time. And you will be with those people for a while so keeping the peace is necessary. Have a great week!!!

Unknown said...

ha ha.. You have homework... that is funny.. Just so you know this is your aunt Linda ya the one that lives clear up in Garland.. Anyway I am excited to hear about your adventures while attending college.. WOOO HOOO! And I noticed that you have a count down for Twilight.. Well I have good news it is getting released early.. November 21st WOOO HOO! anyway have a good one... Love you! Linda