Family photo

Family photo

9/14/2008

Indian Fest

This is me, doing a cool yoga pose by a cool architectural design of a decorative spire thing of the Krishna temple.
There was a Llama petting zoo!! So of course we had to go check it out. The brown one kinda looked like he wanted to charge, so I stayed away from him just a bit. Plus they were standing in a lot of poop and I had flip flops on.
This is the Krishna temple. Its in Spanish Fork. Its really pretty and really really cool. I didn't realize another person was getting a picture too. But I think I look more happy and thumbs-upsy than her. But she looks more native. So I think that means we are at a tie.
This is when we were walking up there. It was a bit of a walk, but totally worth it! The architecture was so stunning and beautiful!
We watched a play and at the end they blew up a big huge bad guy.. and he burst into flame and fireworks. We were so close we got ashes in our eyes. I think it was a cool effect. If you look on the left side of the picture thats a monkey's head and above that is some arrows. Those were Raam's arrows. I guess he is one of the gods they worship. It was really insightful and really cool.

So we headed to the Indian fest (Renee, Lauren, Eun Joo, and I) and we got there and went inside the Krishna temple. We had to take our shoes off and we sat down on this huge rug. They had incense burning and it smelt pretty good. It was relaxing. Then there was some guys up at the front playing some authentic music. It was so cool! Then these two girls stood up and did a dance to the music. There was a shop downstairs and I bought a bag and a necklace made in India. After that we headed outside for the Llama petting zoo! One llama looked like it was going to charge. So we didn't stay too long. After that we watched a play and at the end the bad guy (as you can see above) got blown to pieces. It was really cool. Afterwards we booked it. Well, thats about it for my fun and eventful weekend! Oh except then Lauren and I went to a way cool party dance thing. And danced the night away and got caught in a mosh pit thing. We almost fell over and got squished. But it was still fun. Oh and after that we went to Renee's for some vegan cake. And it was actually pretty dang good! Well, I think that is all! Love you all!


5 comments:

Mayme said...

I'm so glad that you are having fun down in Happy Valley, Em. It's so funny to see you running around my stomping grounds. Oh, and my parents live about a mile to the east of the Kirshna Temple out in the farms, but I've never even been there. I didn't know they did a show - how cool!

Michelle said...

That temple looks really neat. Good for you to go check out other cultures! Love the pic in the yoga pose.

Ali said...

I cannot believe that is in Spanish Fork, it is gorgeous!! It sounded really neat!! I would have laughed if the Llama would have got you :)

Unknown said...

ha ha that is funny.. I didnt know that was a temple? Teghan and I thought it was someones house...She has softball tournaments in Spanish Fork and we went on an adventure (drive) and drove past it a couple of times trying to decide what it was and laughing about all the llamas.. anyway cool... Have a good one... Linda

Julia said...

Looks like fun, Em! I about died laughing about thumbs-upsy you and the native girl being a tie. LOL!