Family photo

Family photo

10/04/2008

This Past Week.. It might be long..

Lets see.. where to start. Well, we will skip right to Wednesday. When I came home to Ogden! Everyone outside my family asked if it was a break for school or something.. which it wasn't, I just came home :) so we had fun on Wednesday doing usual Medsker things. Thursday I ran into Lee's and said hi to some old friends there and picked the kids up from school. That evening after dinner (BLT's.. I forgot how amazing those are. I really miss my mom's cooking! My PB and honey sandwiches just don't compare.) I headed up to Logan. That game was Friday night, but a lot of my friends went up to USU, so I needed some time to hang out with them. When I got there I hung out with my friend Danny, and we were hungry so we made some Fettuccine Alfredo around 10:30... :D and it was really good. AND!! I saw HALEY DEARDEN! If any of you remember her, she was the red-head. My favorite red-head ever in fact. She is basically my best bud ever. After I hung out with her I went over to my friend Amy's place and that is where I was going to stay the night. Needless to say we stayed up late discussing our lives and laughing till pretty late. When I woke up she was already gone to class but then she walked in like 5 minutes after I woke up. Friday was really fun. I hung out with a lot of my friends and just had a total BLAST! And then.. my favorite part.. THE FOOTBALL GAME!! So. I head to the football game with Danny. And some of my other friends were supposed to come but they didn't. But that's okay. We went to the game and we were like front row by the end zone, and standing right against the railing and I was yelling really loud for BYU.. GO COUGARS! I got my face painted blue.. I looked pretty hard core. It was my game face. Anyways- the event staff made us sit down, and that was lame. but we still had fun. At least I did. I convinced Danny to cheer for BYU (haha.. and he goes to USU remember!) there was some dumb guy from USU that was really getting on my nerves and stuff, but he finally left the general area. He almost started a fight with some kids that were in front of me.. but luckily a fight didn't break out. After the game I drove home. And I lost my voice. I sounded like a gross old smoker woman (no offense meant if any of you are old smoker women ;P). Saturday I woke up much too early for comfort and got ready for General Conference! We were going to the second Saturday session and we were going to take the FrontRunner (to help the environment I suspect.. or maybe just to have fun) So its raining pretty hard and we start getting on the FrontRunner and we had my mom, my dad, me, Syd, Nate, Bran, Syd's friend Kelsey, and Jennifer Houghton (a cute girl in our ward about Nate's age I think). So we are getting on the FrontRunner and Brandon starts getting on and the door almost shuts on him. It scares him so bad that he drops his water bottle and it rolls off the platform under the train. We open the door again and he tells my mom he dropped it so she looks and sees it and she has a long umbrella so she is going to try to get the water bottle with the umbrella.. I tell her not to worry, I have an extra and so she starts getting on.. and she almost got shut in the door too!! It was closing on her. I think they need motion sensors on those doors so they don't squeeze the living daylights out of people. Anyways. We head to SLC and jump on the trax and then stop to get a bite to eat and then to the conference center. Every time I go I am always amazed at the huge numbers of people! And I LOVE it when the prophet comes in and everyone stands up and is so quiet! the Spirit always hits me really hard and just confirms my testimony of the prophet, I love it! Conference was really good! I admit I did start to doze just a little, but luckily I had Syd sitting next to me. She is pretty good at nudging and lifting her shoulder really fast so my head bounces off and it scares me awake. After conference we left and it was raining just as hard. The whole umbrellas and big groups of people are hard, because everyone has an umbrella and its knocking everyone else's umbrella out of their hands. So you need a pretty firm death grip. We were heading to the trax stop and my dad starts running. So we start running. all eight of us. With umbrellas. Running. Luckily we caught the trax. Then back to the FrontRunner and then home!!It has been a pretty fun-filled week, and I will post my pics of it as soon as I go back down to Provo and get my cord to hook my camera up to my laptop! Love you all!

3 comments:

Julia said...

It was a great weekend with conference and all. I can't believe you told about the water bottle and almost getting stuck in the door! :::embarrassing:::

Camille said...

That is awesome that your family plus a few friends, were able to go to conference. What a great experience. I love the feeling in the conference center. It's amazing!! I love your blue face. You crack me up. Way to go and keep living it up!!!

Ali said...

I am glad you got to home and visit!! In Syd's blog she wrote about a creepy guy starring at you...WHAT IS UP WITH YOU AND CREEPY GUYS ON TRAINS...you are a magnet :)
love you