Family photo

Family photo

8/18/2013

San Diego - 4th of July

Here are the pictures from our trip to San Diego! We had a great time! It was so fun to see my grandma and grandpa and have Fred come down to hang out for a few days! I love me some family time!


Lavender fields while we were driving to Cali.


A Bat Ray! The first day we were there we walked down on the pier with my grandparents and saw this lil guy!

On the beach with my handsome man.

Padres game with my #1 man!

It was fun to go to a Padres game with my grandparents and my uncle, Fred. I loved seeing them. It was a fun game and we had a great view!

Avocados on an avocado tree. Grandma knew someone in the ward who had a lot of trees, so she took me there on our last day to see all the fruits and things. I loved it!

Jasmine flower. I love these.

Ghirardelli ice cream and chocolate shop! Wowzers! It was super cool in there. Too bad we just ate dinner so we didn't get dessert..

 Mike enlisted for the Mormon Battalion! He looked good as a soldier.

Padres game. Sorry the pictures aren't in order.

Mike the card shark. We got our fair share of card games in when we visited. It was great!

4th of July parade!! 















Coolest part of the parade by far.






The San Diego Temple! So pretty! I loved doing a session there, it was gorgeous.




At the Mormon Battalion Visitor's Center.

The Mexico border.



The man watching the border.

These cowboys were practicing a quincenera (?) thing. It was fun to watch them.

The most Southwest Corner of the United States.

 DOLPHINS!!!! I took sooo many pictures. It was so fun to watch them play in the ocean. We probably watched them for a good half hour at least.








San Diego City skyline.

A fun day at the beach.





A crab in disguise!

These guys were really good at blending in with their surroundings.



It was so fun to go on all these boats! Sometimes they would rock a little and I wouldn't feel too good. 

Grandpa taught us about what he did on the submarine! It was so interesting to listen to him. They would go under water for 60 (?) days, and he said it was so nice to surface. He'd stand on top and even though it was freezing he'd stay out because it was SO nice to be in the fresh air and outside!

Point Loma lighthouse.

San Diego from Point Loma.


Some Navy or Army ships going pretty fast in the water. They were really moving!

A huge bridge. I can't remember the name of it.

A US Services cemetery. I couldn't believe how many headstones there were. Very sobering.






Pitchers at the baseball game. These guys are crazy.





an ORANGE Tree!! Oh how I wish I could grow one in Utah. Thank you grandma for taking me to see them!


No comments: