Family photo

Family photo

9/22/2012

DIY No Sew Bag out of an old T-shirt

I found this idea on Pinterest, and it was so easy! It took me maybe 10-15 minutes. I've already made 2 bags. I'm super excited to use this bag as a lunch bag instead of using a plastic bag every day.

Here is the site that the directions are on: http://www.leethal.net/zine/?p=1344.

And here are the step by step pictures I took!


First step, pick a t-shirt you never use or wear. I don't ever wear this one because it is too big. 

Cut off the sleeves and cut off the head hole. You can cut the head part into a "V" or other ways, but I like the square cut. Try to make straight lines.

Cut strips out of the sleeve material that you just cut off. I cut the seam on the sleeve so I can make nice long strips. You want them to be in between a half inch and an inch. Then you get to pull on them to make them all long and stringy.

At the bottom of the t-shirt, cut 2 slits. As you can see I did mine in the middle in the front and back. You can also just do one slit if you want, and then you will only need 1 strip of fabric (see above).

Use a safety pin to fish the string part through the bottom hem of the shirt. 

Here is one half of the bottom finished. You will use the other string to go through the other half. You can also do just one slit and one string, but the hole at the bottom will be bigger. That is why I like doing 2.

Here is what it looks like once both of them are threaded through. Try to make the string even on each side.

Once the string are even, tie a knot! You can leave the excess string, snip it, or even tie a bow. I snipped this one so the strings are shorter. My other bag I tied them into bows.

And here is my finished bag.

And here is my finished bag hanging up. Can't wait to put stuff in it!!!

Thank you Pinterest for easy and cute projects!

No comments: