Family photo

Family photo

9/07/2012

Coffee Table

I have recently joined Pinterest. I held out as long as I could! I just hopped on once and saw so many ideas that I needed to join so I could remember all the ideas that I want to do! One of the ideas I saw recently was to re-do the top of an Ikea coffee table. Since Mike and I have an Ikea coffee table and I wanted it to look cuter, I decided we were going to try it. So here are the pictures from before during and after. I wish our living room had better lighting to show off how cute it is, but oh well. Maybe I'll do the lighting in our living room next..

Here they are!
Before

 This is my cute man sanding. I helped too, I promise. He is so cute!

 These are the pine boards we used.

 Short and long boards so we can do both of our tables. These are after they are sanded.

 Staining the boards an oak color.

 All stained!

 This is before I glued the boards down. I was so excited!

This is after the boards are glued down.. on the front one. I have not glued  the tiny table yet. Doesn't it looks pretty!?

 Table all redecorated! I love the color! Please feel free to come over and look at my pretty tables and visit us!!


Maybe Kramer can add my coffee table to his book of coffee tables!

1 comment: