Family photo

Family photo

11/03/2008

The Past Long Time.. might be lengthy

Wow! Its been longer than I thought! Things have definitely picked up their pace from last time I blogged! I finally got a job! Its at a place called Progrexion.. and this is what I do.. I hit the dial button. I get an answering machine.. and I say.. "Hey this is Emily with CreditAttorney, I'm calling on behalf of an online request you sent in for a consultation about your credit. You can reach me at 1-800-***-**** ext. ****." Yes, I have an 800 number hahaha. My dream come true. And the second scenario.. someone picks up and I say almost the same thing except don;t say my digits at the end. And then I ask what is going on with the person's credit etc and then try to sell our product. Anyway, all last week I trained for it and had a pizza party there and filled out paperwork. My first whole 8 hour shift is tomorrow.. 2-10. Whoo. I know I had a lot more noteworthy things that happened the beginning of the week but I can't remember. I did vote last time I was in Ogden. That was cool. Fun weekend. It was nice seeing my family. OOOH Aimee is coming down to Provo sometime in November AND I AM SO EXCITED!! I think I had an exam this week. Oh yes. I did. It was for my Music 101 class. Oh here is a noteworthy thing. On Wednesday my friend Justin and I made paper airplanes and threw them in the Tanner building because it is terraced. We see who's goes farther, and which model. We had a casualty, his fell in a pond like thing that is there for decoration. We are doing that again today probably, with different models of planes. Hmm. HALLOWEEN!!!! All I have to say is it WAS SO MUCH FUN! That night I dressed up as a climber in my bandanna and my harness (and I would really wear both those items around all the time if it was a normal thing to do) and my roomie Lauren dressed up as homeless. She even had a little shopping cart full of papers and plastic bags and random things like canned veggies.. a remote control, a pillow, waterbottle, phonebook, a Furby... etc. So we went to this party that was our stake party with one of our friends named Scott and he was dressed up as some guy in the Matrix and we met some other friends there and Scott's twin Brian there. Brian was dressed up as a nerd. A legit one too. Lauren brought her cart in and we did a train with it. And I sat in it and kinda waved my arms around while she pushed me around. And I ate a doughnut while she pushed me around. A Krispy Kreme.. oh baby that was good. Anyways. It takes a lot to embarrass Lauren and I when we are hanging out. Her birthday is tomorrow. A week before mine. But hers is on Election Day. PS DON'T FORGET TO VOTE! After the dance party we headed back home. No one wanted to take the Furby home that Scott found at the DI.. it was kinda creepy looking. Scott kept trying to drop kick it so I took it and wouldn't let him touch it. He finally convinced me it would be okay in the middle of the road. We all had a good laugh watching people stop and look really closely at it and then swerve around it. Except for one chick. She stopped and looked really closely, and saw us standing around watching and laughing.. so she sped up really fast and hit it dead on! It went flying.. I went and grabbed it and the thing was all wet (because it was raining) and it was dirty and its beak was gone so it had a hole for a mouth and one eye wasn't functioning anymore. So it had an eye half closed and one that would blink. AND it was on repeat. It wouldn't stop saying "Me no hungry." Being the genius, immature freshman we are we decided it would be the best doorstep present EVER! So.. we picked a random apartment, and I was the runner. On the way there I found an abandoned sock, and the Furby looked cold so I put the sock on its head. So I run the Furby to the door and knock, and run back to the group. We decided just to stand across the street instead of hide. So this kid comes out. Dressed as the Joker. He sees the Furby. He sees us. He gives us the look like "What the crap are you guys doing, this isn't funny" and he stares at us for like 2 minutes. Just standing menacingly in his doorway. It was intimidating. The Joker really scared me on that movie. I know I'm a wimp. Unlike people like Britt I can't listen to ghost stories, because I will have to sleep with the light on. But that is beside the point. So he finally goes back in his apartment, and we elect Brian to go run and get the Furby since they didn't take it inside. We knew it was a trap. But we wanted it back. Brian ran up and got it, when he picked it up they opened the door and yelled HA at him. Then he ran away. We found another apartment to drop it off at. This one was a third floorer. Again I was the runner. And the cool thing is that their blind was open. So I take it up sneakily.. knock and run down ALL the stairs and then sneaky over to my friends. Which were behind bushes. The people inside looked through the peephole but didn't answer the door. But they could hear that repeating Furby begging them not to feed it any more! So they kept looking through the peephole. And finally opened the door. Then someone tipped it down with their foot. That is all I remember because I was laughing so had that I was crying and doubled over because my stomach hurt so bad from laughing so hard. Okay so Saturday!!! Another GREAT DAY! This guy I met named Mike (I met him dancing on a Thursday night) he came down from West Valley and came to Provo. :D so he came over around 1 and we went to Gandolfo's and ate amazing sandwiches, and then we went to the mall and then we went and saw Wall-e and hung out.. I LOVE that movie. Its so cute. So after Wall-e we went to my place and I made Fettucini Alfredo (is that amazing, mom?! I cooked something! Ga!) and then he tried to teach me to play cribbage and we watched Hitch and Invincible. And then he left. He is a pretty darn good lookin' boy. REALLY REALLY good lookin. He's got a really cute smile. Brown hair, green eyes. He is a cutie. And he is really sweet too! And he makes me laugh. We had a great time :) And.. we are going out again on FRIDAY! SCORE :D So if anyone has questions or comments about that (which I know you will, you know what to do!)

2 comments:

Ali said...

HOLY COW your post exhausted me....I am soooooo glad you are having fun and are happy!! I am the same with you on Britt's morbid way about Ghosts...I can't watch that stuff either :) Have fun tomorrow and remember who you are (I had to add that, I am the aunt) and don't get engaged on the third date at least wait for the fifth :)
love you

Camille said...

Happy late Birthday Emily!!! I hope you had a great day...You deserve it!!!