Family photo

Family photo

8/10/2008

The Past Little While..

I haven't blogged for a while, so I figured it was that time again. I finished up my class. The last day of class, before it started I headed up o the University to check out the art they had there.. THEY HAD MONET! I really like his stuff, but they didn't have any Rembrandt, and he's my favorite. They also had some Picasso. It was really neat and there was a lot of really gorgeous pieces. Most of them were done in oils on canvas. How the crap do things like that last this long? I went to class and took my final.. I had it done pretty quick, but I went over it three times before I turned it in and I was still the first one done. SO either I knew the material pretty well, or I just thought I knew the answers and I didn't. I'm hoping for the first option listed. After I went to the Gateway then to temple square and around the visitors center and then to the Conference Center for a tour. Wow, its really pretty there! And then I went and listened to the choir and they sounded so good even in practice! Eventually I made it home. Nothing really else happened this week. Except for Saturday I was dumb enough to work a 12 and 1/2 hour shift.. I hurt so bad today. Wow, my back was trashed. Today I got to help in the nursery again. Those kids are just so so so cute! There is this little shy boy named Luke and he is such a cutie! He would kick a ball around till I said "Wow Luke, yo kick the ball really good!" And then he'd smile and look at me and then keep kicking it around. At the end of class he brought my shoes over to me so I could put them on. It was cute. A girl names Shaylea was running around in my shoes earlier and she came up to me and said, "look how good your shoes fit me!" and Rylin gave me a dandelion. And lets see.. Kambria liked to hold my hand when we were walking around outside and Preston was running around singing the Star Wars theme song. I asked him if it was Star Wars and he said "Yeah! I have that show and it is so good!" and Conner has the best dinosaur impression to scare the girls. They are all so cute and have so much energy! We got the balls out to play with and wow, they were all running around as fast as their little legs could carry them. Anyways. I like the nursery. The boys are really into the Olympics so that's what has been on all day long. We're having fun with it though. Well, love you all!

3 comments:

Camille said...

Thanks again for helping in the nursery. I am sad that you will be leaving. Be sure to come and do you VT before you go..(if you can) Sounds like the chicken suit was a bit difficult. You are funny!!!

mary said...

As soon as we got home on Sunday Preston couldn't wait to tell me that you were his teacher! And unfortunately I'm not too shocked about the Star Wars song... He's certainly his father's son! :>

ovjamaica said...

Thanks a ton for helping in the nursery. I don't know what Mary is talking about in her comment. :) Good luck with school when it starts.