Family photo

Family photo

12/09/2007

This Past Week

First of all, try this site out, it gives you an elf name and they are pretty dang funny. Mine is Blissful Bubba-Louie. http://www.jokesunlimited.com/christmas_elf_name.php So. About my week. Well, its been a busy one. I will get the most important things out of the way first. I got accepted to Dixie! Whoo hoo! So if I end up going there, I'll already be accepted. I have yet to hear from BYU-I and BYU. I'll hear from them in about 4 to 6 weeks. On Friday night I went to the Jon Schmidt concert, and oh boy was it wonderful! He was so good! And he did my favorite song... Pachelbel meets U2. Although I did like his "Dumb Song". He put on a big blond wig and repeatedly banged his head on the piano at the end of it. It was a rendition of the Bumblebee Tuna song. I also met President Dahlquist... the Young Men's General President. He talked to Aimee and I for just a little bit and got side tracked so we left him to do his thing. So we sat down and felt lucky just to shake his hand and meet him, when he came over to where we were sitting and continued talking to us and apologized for getting side tracked! I was about to die! I don't think I'll ever wash my right hand again. Just kidding. He asked if we did any sports and how old we were and where we went to school and such. Then he asked me if I sent and missionaries out. So I said "Yeah, just one." and he started to ask about Kris! He asked where he went to and how long he's been out and if we still wrote! I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time. Then he asked me if I still dated, and I told him "I go on dates occasionally." Well, he proceeded to tell me that I should keep dating because it is "good for him and for me". So we'll just see what happens. I'd date more I suppose if more guys asked me out. I have a date this coming Friday. And its a blind date, and apparently the guy's name is Ken and from what I understand he is 21, very nice, cute and funny. So give me some feedback on what you guys think of that. Speaking of boys I got some stuff from Kris this past week. Ü He wrote my family a letter and sent some pictures and he sent me some of his shorts. They are like Capri's on me cuz he's so tall, but hey, they are fun to wear. Just so you all know, the Patriots won their game today. Tom Brady and his good looks did it again. I think the other teams just get astonished about how good looking he is up close in that uniform. He's all muscular and he's got a cute butt. Who can resist? I guess not the other teams. They just get hypnotized. So its really cold in Utah and I'm just freezing my little behind off here, so I think we need to ship me off so you guys don't have to put up with all my complaining. OH! My dad got called to the high council. That was a surprise, considering he didn't tell me! I'm gone from the house a lot because of work and school, but I didn't think I was gone so much that they just don't think of me as family any more! I was a little confused this morning, we were going to church and he parked on the side we don't usually park on. And Sydney asked him why and he said "My office isn't on the other side any more, its on this side." I didn't think much of it, but I guess I should have! Well, I guess this is a little long, but I have just one more story. You all know by now about my art teacher that I dislike greatly. Well, the other day I was working on my art and I was kind of getting a little flustered. So I beckoned my teacher and she came over and I asked her if the proportions looked alright. That is all I asked her. Keep that in mind. Well, she tells me she needs a better look or whatever and asks me to stand up. So I do. And she takes my seat. Now I would be OK with her just taking my seat, but no no, she kept going. SHE STARTED DRAWING ON MY ARTWORK! Now, I was ticked, but she was drawing lightly so I figured I would just erase it when she left. Be mindful that what she was doing was changing the facial features, and altering them to her liking. It had nothing to do with proportion. Well, much to my surprise, she started erasing the lines that I had drawn. So I got up my courage and I said "STOP ERASING THOSE LINES!" And she looked at me and said "Oh? Are you one of those people that don't like other people drawing on your art?" And I said "Yeah, I don't like people drawing on my artwork." Can you guess what she said next? She told me to "Get used to it!" and she said "People will always be drawing on your artwork, even when your in college" What kind of twisted sick turban wearing person would say that?! I was so mad I could have taken my art right out of her hands and smacked her with it! Oh my I was appalled and so ticked! I think she got the picture when she gave it back and I immediately started to erase what she had done and alter it back to how I liked it. The other day in class, she came up and gave me a couple pointers. Didn't even touch it. It better stay that way, or something might just happen. Well, that is all for this week. I love you all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you Em!!! I would have freaked out on the art teacher too, what a crazy lady!!!

Ali said...

OOOOOHHHHH my goodness, I am so excited you got into DIXIE!! Way to go!!! WHOO-HOOO!!! I love ya!!