Family photo

Family photo

8/15/2012

Fun in the Sun

First of all, I just want to say I made it through my summer semester. I thought I was going to die there at the end. But I did it! I was a little disappointed with my grades. My business class was graded on a curve and I had no idea what my grade was the whole semester. I ended up with a B, which is good but I was really trying for a 3.8 again. I ended up with a 3.62 GPA. Not bad for 15 credits and some hard classes. I'm debating on doing 15 credits again this coming semester. It's horrible and not fun but then I'll be done with school sooner!

Mike and I had a lot of fun this weekend. We did an obstacle course down in Midway, UT. It was a lot of fun. We are finally not sore.. 4 days later. Let me get my complaints out of the way and then I'll list all the fun we had. 1- They did not have my shirt size. They had even asked what my shirt size was, but of course they didn't have it and only had mediums left. Good for Mike because he now gets 2 really nice dry-fit shirts. 2- They only had 1 table up for check-in. There were over 1,000 people doing the course throughout the day I heard. You'd think they would have a few more tables for check in. Whatever. 3- We missed our heat because the lines were so long, and we got there 45 minutes early. And then when we started with the next heat the guy said "This is the 11:30 heat! If you are the 11:30 heat or from an earlier heat because you were LATE, it's almost time for you to race" or something like that. Excuse me? LATE? No no. I got there 45 minutes early, like the instructions said. I wasn't late. Thank you very much. 4- Half the obstacles had lines at them. We had to wait a good 45 minutes to an hour for the zip line. Ridiculous. Put up more zip lines. Geez. Another obstacle we waited probably around a half hour. Those were the only problems I could think of. The rest of it we had a blast. As soon as they post pictures I'll put them up. It was so fun. We had to jump in waist high mud water, run up a mud hill, climb over a 10 foot wall, go through huge construction type tubes that were half submersed in mud water, go over a cargo net, army crawl and duck under boards in mud water, hold hands and avoid touching an electric line (don't worry it didn't shock too much, but it definitely shocked my arm and traveled to my leg), ride a zip line, go down a tube slide headfirst into a big mud water pit, do a three legged walk through a lot of tires and over a bale of way and do a wheelbarrow through pretty deep mud. We had a blast. It was so fun. We were soooo dirty by the end of it. It was great. They had a little shower type thing that was like a PVC pipe with holes in it, so we got to wash off a bit. I was so glad I brought us a change of clothes. We got back to the car and got out the wipes I had brought. It was a pretty decent sized bag and we went through like 3/4 of it. After we wiped off and changed we were off! We headed to Park City for a little shopping. Mike spoiled me. I love him. He got me a really nice purse with a matching little wallet, a really nice winter coat, a jacket, a pair of jeans, two pairs of shorts, and a cute purple skirt! Mike got a few nice jackets and some sun glasses. He also got a long sleeve light weight shirt, a polo, and 2 pairs of slacks. He looks so good in all of them. I made him give me a fashion show.

Funny story. A few weeks ago Mike came into our room or something and said, "Hey." And I said, "wait a minute. I don't get a hey honey, or hey sweetie or even a hey hot baby?" I was joking about the hot baby thing. So now ever since then he calls me hot baby. In fact, we were at Winco about a week and a half ago and I was in the produce section. Mike wandered off and when I was done I was looking for him. He spotted me first, so he kindly said in a very loud voice.. "HEY! HOT BABY! I'M OVER HERE!" I just about died on the spot. Silly boy. I love him.

No comments: