Family photo

Family photo

7/20/2012

The End is Near!

I am getting so excited.

This semester is almost over. Sooo close... I only have this next week that is coming up and the one after that. It will be so nice to be done with this semester. This has by far been the hardest semester I've had. Knock on wood.

I've also learned a lot about myself, surprisingly. I learned that I can juggle a lot of things at the same time and I'm really good at writing lists of what needs to get done. I also learned I am excellent at not procrastinating when I don't have time to. I haven't procrastinated ONCE this semester! ONCE! I never thought I could ever say that. Ever. I've also learned that I like to be busy, and I feel better about myself when I accomplish something every day. (I partly learned this at work when I took a Strength Finders test, I will talk about that in a minute). I also learned how much I can miss Mike even when we are in the same house. I miss spending time with him. Sigh. I don't get to spend much time with Mike because I'm spending it with homework instead.

Last month I took the Cliftons StregthsFinder test. It was interesting. It asked me all these questions, and then at the end it gave me my strengths. It was funny to read about myself and have things click like "oh. And that is why I do this or feel that way." My top strength is "Achiever". On their site that is described as "People strong in the Achiever theme have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive." It goes into a little more depth on the paper I got after I finished it, but I can't remember much of it. It says something like these people feel like they need to achieve something each day. Which is totally true! Now I know why I HATE having just lazy days. I don't mind having like a half lazy day with Mike, but I always have the feeling when I haven't accomplished anything at all during the day. It bugs Mike sometimes that I can't just have an occasional lazy day with him. Haha. I can't remember them all in order, but another in my top 5 is Harmony. Harmony says "People strong in the Harmony theme look for consensus. They don't enjoy conflict; rather, they seek areas of agreement."Another one is Developer. "People strong in the Developer theme recognize and cultivate the potential in others. They spot the signs of each small improvement and derive satisfaction from these improvements." I wish I could remember the other two, but I can't at this moment. It was really cool to figure these out so I can work at making these strengths better.


The other week, we went to the zoo. It was so fun! The new exhibit is very, very cool. I loved the polar bear. It was pretty big! And the seals were playing in the water which was fun to watch.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice work Emily! You are a go getter!