Family photo

Family photo

2/15/2011

Vday

As you all know, yesterday was Vday, also known as Valentine's Day. but Vday is easier to type so that is what I refer to it as.
This year Vday was awesome and interesting. Mike got me Little Big Planet 2 but gave it to me a week early since I love the first game so much. I got Mike concert tickets to his favorite band, Less Than Jake. There is a story behind that.. here it is.
Mike has liked LTJ for a loooong time. Last time he saw them in concert it was like 10 years ago. So I thought since they have a concert on the 19th it would be a perfect present for him. I ordered the tix and I told him he couldn't look at the credit card online till after Vday. No problem there, he is awesome at not looking. One day we were driving and he mentions he has a friend at work who sometimes can get free concert tix and that he had asked her if she could get tix for LTJ. I started asking "well, are you sure you want to go to that concert?" and trying to hint that he shouldn't try to get tickets. He then said "yeah I'd really like to go, it would be awesome if we could get free ticketts. I wouldn't pay $20-25 per ticket to go see them". Sad. Thats what I had spent. So then I think that I got a horrible Vday present for him so I start tearing up and crying (unfortunately I'm a baby sometimes) and he is like "whats wrong? Ohhh.. that is what you got me for Vday. I just ruined it." Turns out, he really does want to go to the concert, but I got him a video game he's been wanting for a while just in case he was lying about really wanting to go to the concert that I paid $50 for.
Vday morning rolled around and as I was sleeping Mike got up and said that I could sleep a little bit more and he had something to do. I won't ever turn down more sleep. So I slept for about an hour more, and Mike came home and woke me up. He brought me out to the kitchen where he had chocolate milk, doughnuts, chocolate orange sticks, gerber daisies (my fav flower) and a cute note on the white board waiting for me. It was super cute and really thoughtful of him. The doughnuts were delicious. We went out to Applebee's for dinner and had a good day.

And here's for the mushy part about my Valentine!
Mike is awesome. I wish I had a better word for it. Hmmm... Amazing, handsome, thoughtful, funny... you get the idea. We've been married for a year and a half now and I wouldn't trade it for anything. He's my best friend and he always knows what I need whether its a hug and a kiss or a funny joke and a laugh. He gets me and he has always been there for me when I need him. He spoils me and takes me on really fun trips. He is adventurous and outgoing. He is super smart and talented. He can also juggle. I wish I could juggle. He is the love of my life, and I am so happy that we get to be together forever.

I love you Mike!! Thanks for being my Valentine!

2 comments:

Julia said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

Brenda said...

WOW! That's my boy! So glad you 2 are together.