Family photo

Family photo

1/25/2011

Church Basketball

Tonight I went and watched Mike play church basketball. I really enjoy watching him play sports. I hope he does softball this summer so I can watch him play that too. Anyway, tonight was church basketball.

Here is my beef. I probably can't say any of this cuz I'm not a mom and don't know how hard it is to take care of your kids but I'm saying it anyway.

If your going to take your kids to church ball to watch their dad.. make them behave. PAY ATTENTION TO THEM. Just because your girl friends are there does not mean its fine for you to ignore your children, let them swing on curtains, run and SCREAM at the top of their lungs, torture other children OR turn the lights off.

Maybe I was a little on edge because I was really hungry. That is probably it. But I was ready to turn around and give the moms a piece of my mind as they sit there and chat while their kids are driving every little piece of sanity out of me. I wish I could've turned around and said "take care of your children, or I will. Then I would've grabbed those noisy little kids by their arms and said "if that light goes off one more time.. your getting smacked. And you have to go sit out in the cold. PS don't yell." That probably would've been frowned upon.

Is it really that hard to look at your children and make sure they aren't swinging on the curtains and wen they start screaming to tell them to stop or smack their hand when they turn the light off? Oooohh I was going mad.

Another thing. Germs. I hate germs. Mike has to push the shopping cart because of the germs. I have to use a paper towel to open the bathroom door. I use hand sanitizer multiple times a day. I was sicked out when Mike stuffed his hoody and warm up pants under a chair in the the gym. Gross. You know whats worse? After the game he took off his shoes and walked around on the GROSS gym floor in his socks to give the other players high five. At least he didn't have bare feet.

Ending points:
Make your children behave.
Germs are disgusting.

3 comments:

Corissa said...

AMEN about germs! You're correct about those kids. There is no excuse for letting your children run wild like that. I can understand children being a little restless in that situation, but instead of letting them climb curtains and turn off the lights, bring something for them to do!

Tell you what, we are going to be awesome moms because we understand these things!

Julia said...

I agree that kids need to be taught to behave. Em, really ... sit them in the cold! lol! And I have something to say about germs ... remember when you would go to school or work and then come home and climb into bed with the same clothes on ... ew! So last week at Nate's bball game, there are jersey's for the boys to wear. When they switch out players, they just take the jersey off and put it on the new player ... sweat, germs,and all! Double ewww! Love you!

Unknown said...

I have to say the curtains and the lights are a no, but my boys love to play in the classroom on the stage and I love it because they are trapped and I can watch the game!!! Oh PS you may "know these things" now, but all you know goes out the window when you are trying to stay same as a mother! : )