Family photo

Family photo

1/07/2011

The Things of 2010

This idea came from my friend Linsday.. she listed things she had done in 2010. I figured I could do a nice 2010 sum up blog as well.

The Things of 2010

-Mike and I took a trip to Portland and to Seattle. We went to 2 Mariners games, the Oregon Zoo, went on a few hikes to see beautiful waterfalls, deep sea fishing (which we will never do again after throwing up for 5 hours), saw awesome fireworks and played countless card games.

-I made Mike a t-shirt blanket! My grandma helped me and I took a bunch of his t-shirts and some from when he was littler and I sewed them all together and everything! It is an awesome t-shirt quilt, and very warm.

- Mike got a new job at Amex. He was very excited and he has done a lot for his current group. He is very smart and talented, so I am sure next time he wants to promote or move it will be easy for him to find something and get the job.

-Halloween we dressed up as rockstars.. and we rocked!! I gave Mike a mohawk and he has been sporting it ever since then. I absolutely love him with a mohawk.

-In March we went to a bunch of March Madness games and filled out brackets. Mike's family came in from Oregon and it was fun to have them here.

-We celebrated our first anniversary! We went to Christopher's which was delicious and we also did sealings at the Bountiful temple. It was a very good anniversary. I got Mike a Nixon watch and I had it engraved on the back and Mike gave me a beautiful glass rectangular block that is engraved. Its beautiful.

-Mike got a BBQ grill for Christmas!! It was a total surprise and I can't believe I kept it a secret that long! He makes us delicious steak and chicken. I don't even need A1 with the steaks! Mmm..

-We lost two great pets in December. It was the saddest day we have had together but taught us a lot about being there for each other and what is important in life. We miss you Tweegy and Evolv!

-We had Thanksgiving at my parents and went Black Friday shopping with them. We had a lot of fun and got some really good deals!

-Around the beginning of the year Mike got a letter in the mail from the place that had his student loan. He had a bit of student loans left, but the letter said that since he had such good payment history they would take the debt away! That was awesome!!

-We finished painting our house. I hate painting and so does Mike. That was a struggle to get done! Haha!

-Mike got a bulged disc in his back. He is feeling better and it never bothers him. Thank goodness!

-We sold Mike's old car "The Little Honda that Could". Wahoo!

-We found one of the funniest shows ever.. The Big Bang Theory.

-We logged tons of hours playing video games, watching movies, TV shows, sports, and playing board games, card games and wouldn't trade anything for it!

That is about all I can think of for 2010, I can't wait to see what 2011 brings when I have my best friend by my side everyday!
-

1 comment:

Lindsay Cain said...

haha glad i "inspired" you ;) i always like taking time to reflect and learn. p.s. how are you doing??? how's work and stuff??