Family photo

Family photo

1/01/2011

The Hymn Book

Last Sunday Mike and I witnessed possibly the most awesome, hilarious and shocking moments ever. After sacrament meeting we headed to Sunday School and sat in our usual seats. This lady came in and she is pretty big. She makes really weird comments. If any of you remember my previous blog post about the lady in our ward that told our Sunday School class her secret place to pray is "on the john", its the same lady. Soooo she walks in and sees one of her friends and goes to sit down by her friend. She sat down on a chair.. but the chair was already occupied by a hymn book. BUT SHE DIDN'T NOTICE!! She sat down ON the hymn book and had NO idea it was there. She sat there the whole hour class and had no idea it was under her. After Sunday School Mike left and I stayed for Relief Society. After Relief Society I waited until she finally got up and I looked...
the hymn book was still there. But it wasn't looking like a normal hymn book anymore. It was compressed down to like half a hymn book from sitting under her weight.

Another funny story...
A few weeks ago Mike and I went to Cafe Rio. When it was my turn the kid asked what kind of burrito I wanted and I told him. He then asked "black or pinto beans?" I said "both". He looked at me confused and said "Boff?" (Like both but with an F sound at the end) and held up the scoop of black beans. I said "No. Both" and he said "ooohhh. Boff." And gave me pinto beans. Really?!

1 comment:

Corissa said...

I feel somewhat guilty for it - but I'm laughing hysterically over the Hymn Book Lady! Poor hymn book....