Family photo

Family photo

6/05/2013

Peanut Butter, Honey, and True Love

I love Mike. And I know he loves me. Sometimes I forget how much he loves me. This is the story of when I was reminded he loves me a lot, and it's TWUE WOVE! Just like in The Princess Bride.

Today I didn't take lunch to work. Mike works 4 10 hour days and is off Wednesday's so he said he'd bring me lunch. I asked him to make me some seasoned chicken and a peanut butter and honey sandwich.

Around 12 Mike calls and said he is coming with my food! Yay! I love lunch time. Especially when Mike cooks because it is always divine. I go downstairs and wait for him. He drives up, and I go to the driver side window. He hands me my food and says something about the chicken. Then he says, "I packed you a peanut butter and honey sandwich, but I know you don't like the honey sitting on the sandwich till you eat it, so I just packed the honey container so you can put it on when you eat it."

Instant heart melt. When was the last time I mentioned that to him? At least 2 years ago. At least!! He made and brought me lunch, and left the honey off my sandwich. It's the little things that count.

If that's not true love, I don't know what is.

I sure love him.

No comments: