Family photo

Family photo

3/18/2010

Basketball, Dog, Birth Control, Funny Stuff

First of all.. my husband is having a three week affair with another woman named March Madness. I can't wait till I have him back.

Haha! Its not that bad. As you all probably know March Madness has started. And as all of you probably don't know I have hard feelings toward March Madness from last year. What happened you may ask? Let me tell you. Pretty sure KoriAnn remembers. I think I texted her a lot during that episode. (And no Mike, I will never let this go. Never) Last year Mike took a trip to Oregon for March Madness from like a Wednesday to a Sunday or something like that. We were dating pretty seriously at the time. So Mike went to Oregon to watch some games and be with his family. Fine. What did he not do his whole trip? He did not call his girlfriend. FOR A WEEK he did not call me. Why? March Madness. I now have hard feelings toward March Madness, and always will.

As a side note, I am excited to see how I do on my brackets. I filled out 6.

Tweeg's big thing for a few weeks now is waking up between the hours of 1 AM and 4 AM. I hate it. I keep wondering why did I get that dog. Mike is a big sweetheart, he gets up and lets Tweeg out. Tweeg used to be just fine and everything before, no peeing in his cage or anything, but now he thinks its fun to bark in the middle of the night. Dumb dog. Mike won't let me get a shock collar or Tweeg would have one by now.

Currently for birth control I'm on the Nuvaring, and am thinking about switching to the shot. Does anyone have any insight on this? It probably would be more cost effective, but I'm just afraid with the switch that I would get prego or something.

Funny stuff. Today I had a guy call in and while I was talking to him about opening an account he asked if he could speak to someone else. So I transferred him to someone else. Apparently I am incompetent.

I was talking to Syd today and we were talking about the different stuff we used to tease Aimee about. (Sorry Aimee!) Anyway- a few things that I find funny. One time we were cleaning the kitchen and said Aimee had a dirty blond hair color. Aimee insisted it was "gold" so the rest of the night Syd and I would try to get a hair or two and said we wanted to take it to the bank so we could get rich.
Another time when we went to the Windrivers we went fishing and Aimee caught a fish and wanted to name it Bob. Well, I thought that was lame, so I renamed the fish Lame Name. We teased her the rest of the day about her fish named Lame Name, Aimee is still a little sour about that one I think. We were a little mean. Sorry Aimee!

My sisters are great. I love them both a lot- we have good times!
PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIMEE! She is now 18. Wow!

Mike has a new position at work! He starts next week. He will still be on the phone but he will be working with prepaid cards I think instead of credit cards. Go Mike! He is really excited to switch departments and have more opportunities to advance.

I don't think I really have anything to blog about, I just figured it was time for an updated blog post.

I am hungry. Mike wanted to make curry tonight, but I told him no because last time I tried curry at a Thai restaurant it tasted like the smell of fireworks.

Funny comments from Mike while laying in bed last night.
I said something that spurred this conversation on and the rest goes as follows:
Mike: I have the heart of a dove.
Me: (giggles) A dove? What its super small or what?
Mike: No, I strive constantly for peace.
Me: Oh yeah?
Mike: Yes. And to occasionally be covered in chocolate.

LOL! He makes me laugh so hard.

That is all for now. Wish me luck surviving March Madness.

5 comments:

Afton Peterson said...

what I have found out to be the best birth control is an IUD.Its just something they put inside that blocks your eggs so they dont come out. It works really good and they last 5 years or there is one thats last 10 years :) and if or when you want to have childern they just take it out. It doesnt hurt and no surgery or anything its pretty awesome in my opinion

Ali said...

Em, you are so funny!! And MIke likes to be covered in Chocolate, somethings should be kept to your self!! HAHAHAHA, Sorry , Julia!! I love you!!

Olivia said...

Well see...I have never taken birth control. The odds of getting pregnant are 1 out of 5 times. I didn't want to deal with the hormone changes and side effects so I just took the risk...I did use condoms sometimes though...they aren't always the greatest thing ever, but come on. Sex and no clean up...can life get better?

Julia said...

G - rated people!

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

Oh yes, I remember last March like it was yesterday. It was ok that we text alot during that time, I miss those times. By the way, Ben said to me today that he was sick of basketball. I was like what?? Maybe there is hope for you, and Mike will get sick of it like Ben has. Maybe he realizes that march madness isn't everything. There is your answer to birth control, just get pregnant and maybe just maybe Mike will realize that the baby is far better than march madness can ever be. :)