Family photo

Family photo

3/15/2009

The past weeks..

Okay all, I am sorry I am such a slacker at blogging. I really need to do better. We had a FHE about keeping journals a while ago, and we figured that my blog counted as a journal. Well, I need to do better writing things down so not all will be lost when I get old and insane. The past few weeks have been fun, mostly work. I do have some fun stories though. Mike came to church with me last Sunday!! Syd and I sang in church so he came to watch. It was fun. He helped me teach the sunbeams, he was pretty good at crowd control. After church we went to my grandparents for dinner, cards and dessert. We came back here for a Sunday movie, and we watched Charly. My goodness was that a bawling fest if I've ever seen one! Syd, my mom and I were all just bawling. Good movie, but I don't think I like crying that much haha! At least we know Mike can handle me when I'm crying all over and everything.

On Monday after FHE KoriAnn and I decided we needed to hang out! We definitely had a blast. I went and picked her up and we drove aimlessly for like 10 or 15 minutes, we didn't know where to go for a bite to eat! We finally decided on Denny's. We pulled in and parked. When we got out of the car she stepped in a huge puddle.. LOL. It was so freezing outside and I didn't park particularly close. Well, we go in to eat and I got french toast.. it was soooo good. French toast is definitely my favorite breakfast food. So, we get done eating and go up to pay the bill. KoriAnn pays hers first with her card. Then its my turn. So I hand the lady my card. She asks if she should run it for the amount, I said run it for $2 over. And she looks at the back and it says "See ID" so she asks for my ID. Well, I had left it out in my car. This doesn't happen often, but when it does the person is usually like "oh no biggie, its okay" etc. But not this lady. I told her it was in my car and she said "Well, I need to see it." SO I HAD TO GO OUT TO MY CAR IN THE FREEZING COLD AND GET MY ID." Now I could've let that fly eventually but it gets worse. When I get back I give it to her, and you know what she says to me? Just take a guess. She says "Don't you hate it when people follow the rules?" And it was in a mean like "haha, you had to run out to your car in the freezing cold and I am a jerk and I don't care" voice. Oh I was ticked. But I took it and coolly said "no" and then left. Geez. Did she fill her nice quota for the day? Couldn't let one more person slip by? Having a contest with her waitress friends? I have no idea. But I was mad. But anyways, we left and went to the theatre and saw "New In Town." I really liked it, I thought it was good.

Work has been pretty uneventful lately. I can't really think of any funny stories or anything. But... an important event.. U2 IS COMING TO CONCERT IN DECEMBER!! They just had a new CD come out, and it ROCKS! I really hope I can go to their concert, because its been a life dream of mine to see them live in concert and they will probably be retiring soon.

Friday was fun! Mike and I hung out with Fred and Janet for a while. we went to dinner and played cards and ate brownies. Fred helped me fix the lights on my car. Well, he showed me and I helped a little. I really had a great time hanging out with them.

I counted the boys freckles. They have a lot. Nate is in first place for most freckles. Then Brandon in second and Josh coming up in third.

Thats about all I can think of to write at this point.. so until next time.. Hasta!

1 comment:

Julia said...

lol ...counting freckles! Love you!