Family photo

Family photo

6/26/2008

Life on the Front Runner

As most of you know I started a Doctrine and Covenants class at the BYU Center in SLC. And the question arises how do I get there? Well my friends let me tell you! I ride the Front Runner! Every Tuesday and Thursday, I get to ride it back and forth. In fact, its what I'm doing right now. They've got a sweet Wi-Fi connection, so I just grab my little laptop and type away. (Thank you so much mom and dad for the sweet laptop! I love you guys!!) I started the class on Tuesday and so far so good. The teacher is awesome. Our class is really REALLY small... 6 of us to be exact. On Tuesday I came out of the class and I was just wowed, my brain felt like exploding from everything I learned in just two hours and the spirit was incredible. One of the really really REALLY other cool things is that the Gateway is like a five minute walk from my class. They are right next door! So, we all know where I will be heading after classes. Also the Clark Planetarium is down there too, and my mom and I went in there, and all I have to say is that place is way cool! My favorite thing I saw was an advertisement for a U2 show they have (my favorite band) and then there is this HUGE thing that balls roll through and around and oh boy I could just watch that stuff all day long!! Anywho. This week has been pretty uneventful. I got the raise I've been needing badly, and more hours!! So things are going good. Oh. Yesterday one of Syd's guinea pigs died. Sad. I was gone rock climbing with some friends when she died and got buried I guess. Rock climbing was really fun, I haven't been for a really long time, so I'm just a bit sore, but it was uber fun! I led climbed half of a route, but then I fell and let someone else try it. I was lead climbing another route and got above where I was clipped in and was heading for the next bolt, and I fell, that was pretty intense. Just about 5 feet or so, but wow, it was a little scary till the rope caught me. LOL. The other weekend for my mom and dad's anniversary they took a mini vacation to SLC, and stayed down there from Thursday afternoon till Saturday evening. On Thursday the boys and I had a blast! (Syd was gone at Girls Camp and Aimee is at the scout camp), as soon as mom and dad left we ate popsicles and then played in the water outside. After that we had some pizza and then went to feed the ducks at Acres. After feeding the two ducks and some seagulls (haha) we headed to the park at the bottom of the hill where G&G Medsker lives. Joshua started having a really hard time breathing, so we headed up to Grandma's because they are closer and have an inhalor Josh can use. So we went up there and played for a bit then headed home for a movie. I made cookies while the boys ate ice cream and watched Cody Banks. Then the boys were all funned out and we headed to bed. It was quite the day! Oh ho! On Saturday after work I went to my friend Lance's house, to watch his kids for like twenty minutes cuz he had errands and his wife was having a girls day. Anyways- he has a little boy named Westley and ha is so cute! I would guess he's around 3 or 4. Anyways. So we were chilling on the couch while his other kid was sleeping (an adorable little girl!) and Westley had my phone because he LOVES cell phones and whenever I see him I let him play with my phone. So he remembers me as the "Lady with the pink phone" LOL. So he was tapping away on the buttons on my phone and he looks at me. And he just kinda looked me up and down and his eyes kinda stopped at my chest, and he takes his hand and puts it right where he was looking! And he says "Whats this?" And I move his hand and say "That's my chest". And he puts his hand back and says this is your chest?!" And I move his hand and tell him yeah that's my chest. So then he goes back to playing with my phone. Well, Lance comes home and I'm holding his little girl and I give her to Lance and Westley is standing by me and Lance is taking care of his daughter and Westley says "Daddy! This is a chest!" And puts his hand where it was before! I just about died! Lance wasn't paying attention though. LOL. I think that is all my amusing stories for now. Love you all!

1 comment:

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

I bet your little brothers love it when mom and dad go out of town. You spoil them. That is so cool that you are taking that class. I bet that you will have an amazing experience the whole time. I think it might be a good thing that the class is so small. I am sure u all will grow together as a class, and that is always really amazing. You will have to keep me updated on the class, and how it goes.