Family photo

Family photo

2/08/2014

What I Miss

I've noticed a few things here and there that I miss doing since we've had the baby. I miss date nights with Mike and sometimes just doing nothing.

But tonight I was on my elliptical and I realized what I REALLY miss.

Summer.

I knew I really missed the summer, but dangit now I really REALLY miss it.

I especially miss summer evening runs. Ohhhhh I miss those so much. When I was running on my elliptical I closed my eyes to imagine running outside in the summer. It wasn't the same. The sound of my shoes hitting the asphalt was replaced my the whoosh-whoosh of the elliptical. The fresh, hot, outside air was replaced by the stuffy, warm, inside air. The sound of cars occasionally passing was replaced by Waffles moving around every once in a while.

I talked to my grandma today. She said her crocuses have not made any progress. They are still up a little bit, but not growing up. Hopefully they start coming up a little more. Spring is on the way, and I definitely have spring fever!

Running on the elliptical was nice. It was nice to get up and do something for me, and it felt good. I'm happy Mike got me the elliptical for Christmas so I can use it on bad weather or cold weather days. But boy oh boy, I can't wait till SUMMER.

No comments: