Family photo

Family photo

12/27/2012

My Birthday. Number 23. Mike's Birthday. Number 29.

First of all, I'd like to say.. I made it! I made it through the semester. I got a 3.69 GPA. Not too bad considering I had some tough classes.

A few weeks ago, I had my birthday. It was awesome! Mike definitely spoiled me. My birthday was on Sunday, so he actually spoiled me on Saturday. First, he had bought me a leather coat that I really wanted, a few weeks prior. And he got me a video game. It is on the PS3, but it's a bunch of old Sega games. It's pretty sweet. My mother in law got me a pineapple corer slicer thing, which I have been wanting one of those for a long time. Mike and I love to eat pineapple in the summer. On my birthday Saturday we went out to the mall. Mike took me to Zupas for lunch! I love Zupas. They had some special German Sausage Soup or something, so I had that and it was delicious. After that Mike took me to Bath and Body Works and let me stock up on lotions! I got a lot of different flavors and I can't wait to use them all! And then we went and saw the third Batman movie. Since it was my birthday I got a coupon for a free small popcorn, but I paid like 50 cents to upgrade to a laaarge. Large and in charge, baby! And I might have also got a free drink, but I can't remember. After the movie, Mike was going to take me to Tucanos for my birthday dinner. But.. I wasn't feeling well :( I think the movie popcorn with the fatty butter all over it made me sick. So we stayed in and watched a movie.

Later that month Mike took me to Tucanos for my birthday dinner. I think on the 29th. It was super delicious. I had more lemonades than I ever thought I could fit into myself. My favorite was the guava lemonade. And I really liked the bacon wrapped filet. And the grilled pineapple. We used my birthday coupon to eat there (if you can't tell, I'm big on birthday coupons) and they sang happy birthday to me in Portuguese. How nice.

On my actual birthday - Sunday - we went up to my parent's house. My mom was nice enough to make me a birthday dinner! I didn't have to cook on my birthday! Or even have to clean up! My mom was a trooper. She made me a ham (and she had never even cooked ham before) and she made homemade rolls and party potatoes. It was an amazing dinner. She should go work at Tucanos with her cooking skills.

Remember when I was talking about Zupas? Well they also serve sandwiches at Zupas. They serve panini sandwiches! So good. My family got me a panini maker for my birthday. Mike and I have made panini sandwiches, which have turned out pretty good!

For Mike's birthday he got to play an indoor soccer game. His game was at 11 PM, so it was a little late. We also went to Pei Wei for dinner. The food there was pretty good. I would say it's above Panda, but below PF Chang's. For Mike's birthday he got a dozen fancy fancy cupcakes, season 6 and 7 of The Office Blu Ray, the Indiana Jones trilogy Blu Ray, Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Blu Ray and a Manchester United jersey. He also got a deep fryer from my parents and I made him brownies and a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with crushed peppermint on top. Yum.

Here are the yummy cupcakes. They were divine. I think my favorite was the chocolate peanut butter.


And that is all. Next year will be Mike's big 3-0. Should be pretty fun!

No comments: