Family photo

Family photo

12/30/2012

Looking back at 2012

I can't believe another year has passed! It's flown by!

We've had another busy year. Here are some of the things that happened:

- After being unemployed for 5 months Mike got a job at Discover in March doing customer service for Credit Card. Definitely not his ideal job and the least he's ever gotten paid after college, but it was a job and we needed the money. I got a $300 bonus for referring him. Score!
-Mike got to go to Goblin Valley in March with a buddy of his from Woodbadge. They took a scout troop and had a good time.
In March we also went to Oregon for March Madness. I was dreading it (like always) but this time was actually really fun. We went on a lot of hikes and to a lot of places in Portland. And Mike got his basketball fix. 
-In May I got a new position as a Policy and Procedure Analyst. I have really enjoyed the new position and the higher pay. I also really like the people I work with.
-In April Mike was contacted by Fidelity for an interview! He had applied way back in February.. and he applied twice after his first application was denied.
-July Mike quit Discover and started at Fidelity. He started studying pretty hard for his Series 7 and 63 tests.
-I went to school through the summer. I was lucky enough to get a tuition waiver! I took 15 credits! It was tough. I made the Dean's List for my 3.62 GPA. My mom came to my ceremony when I got my little pin.
-Also in July Mike got to go to the Grand Teton Adventure camp with the scouts. He had a blast mountain biking, whitewater rafting and canoeing, and he even did a crazy obstacle course way high up in the air. I was jealous. He also got to visit Jackson Hole, one of my long time vacation destinations. I was very jealous.
- In August I got drawn for tickets to President Monson's birthday Celebration! I got four tickets so my mom and dad drove down here, we had a delicious dinner and went to the birthday extravaganza. It was so fun! The music was beautiful. I'm so glad we got to go.
-On the 21st of August Mike and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary! It's been the best 3 years of my life!
-In October I got to see a band I like in concert with some friends. The lead singer came into the crowd during some songs and I got to sing in the microphone on one of my favorite songs.
-On October 17 Mike passed his Series 7 exam with an 86%! He killed it! He then passed his Series 63 on October 26 with a 72%! He passed both with flying colors and got a raise for it. Whoo hoo!
-We visited some 4 year colleges in November. I'm still not sure where I want to go.
-In November it was my birthday. Mike spoiled me (see blog post about birthdays)
-We celebrated Mike's birthday in December - number 29!
-Mike's brother, Dave, came to town for Christmas. We hit up some good restaurants and the Brigham City Temple with him.
-My parents and siblings went to San Diego for Christmas. It was my first Christmas away from my family. It was a good Christmas, and I got to Facetime with them. :) I love technology.
-Mike got me a Canon 60D and two lenses with it. He definitely spoiled me. He got the O Jerusalem painting from me. I was sure I beat him in the present category this year, but I was wrong.


No comments: