Family photo

Family photo

3/16/2011

Get Ready To Be Disgusted,,,

I had another ENT appointment. Surprise surprise.

My ears have been clearing up nicely, but I never get my hopes up too high with the well being of my ears. They still itch and scratch. Anyway. I went to the ENT yesterday, he said my ears are looking a lot better, but still very dry and red. Last time he told my my nose is very dry as well. I'm not sure if this is due to the winter or just being in Utah but I also know my legs are very dry a lot of the time.

He cleaned out my ears with the little vacuum thing (again) and I got dizzy and felt like throwing up (again) and the stuff in my ears plugged his little vacuum tube thing (again). Last time he took a culture of the stuff that was in my ears and he had the results to show me this time. He told me that I had a lot of bacteria in my ears (but not fungus! Thank goodness the other doctor was wrong) he told me that my ears are ideal for bacteria and things since my canals are smaller so ear wax, dead skin, and other things have a hard time exiting my ear thus making it a warm, damp, cozy place for bacteria. Do you want to know what kind of bacteria is in there? Do ya?

Get ready for the gross part.

He said there was some E-Coli in my ears. And also a lot of Staph.

Eww.

I felt like asking him to lop my ears off right there.

He then showed me a list of medicines and other things that the lab people tested this stuff with so he knows exactly what things to give me to get rid of my infection/bacteria/gross stuff.

My ears are feeling better, but they still itch and have some stuff in them. Hopefully they will get all the way better soon and will be better forever.

2 comments:

Blythe said...

Oh dear! I hope you feel better soon. Ears are awful. So is snow.

Anonymous said...

Em..all that is good news!! You've had this ear thing for so long. I'm glad he did the culture...maybe just maybe at some future day your ears won't bug you!!!!! YEA!!!
Love, Grandma