Family photo

Family photo

7/01/2010

Deep Sea Fishing

On Tuesday we went deep sea fishing! It was Mike, Mike's brother and dad, two of Mike's friends and me. We had to be there by 6:30 to be on the boat and going at 7. We drove down the night before with Mike's friends, Adam and Sean, and stayed at Adam's dad's beach house. We met Steve and Brandon bright and early in the morning. We got on the boat and Mike and I were REALLY excited! Mike had been looking forward to deep sea fishing for WEEKS!! We took off and started our 45 minute journey to the fishing spot. On the way out of the port we saw two seals! As I sat I started to feel sick, so I just prayed I would make it till the time the boat stopped and I figured I would feel better. The boat finally stopped and we were able to stand up and fish. As soon as I stood up and looked at the water I got really sick... Blech. I was the first one on the boat to throw up. I stood there for a minute as everyone else started dropping their lines into the water. One guy on the boat came up and asked "Are you going to fish?" I gave him a dirty look like did you not just see me puke? You were right next to me dummy! Steve told him I was sick so the guy just moved on. Mike started reeling in and dropped his line again but then he got sick so I took his pole. I reeled it in and then threw up again. Both Mike and I sat down and sat down the remainder of our 5 hour trip. We both threw up and dry heaved the rest of the time. It was horrible. I don't think we will ever do deep sea fishing again. Poor Mike. I felt so bad because he was soooo excited! Oh well. Brandon got sick but he never threw up. He said his iron will held the puke in. LOL. My iron will was no match against the sea. After we got off the boat and sat around for a bit Mike and I felt better.

Later that day we went to the Tillamook Cheese Factory! It was so fun! I will have to post pictures! We saw the cheese makers and how it was packaged and stuff.. it was cool! We also got ice cream. It was DELISH! I got a strawberry cheesecake shake. Mmm mmmm!!!

Mike and I are feeling a lot better and our trip has been so much fun except for those five straight hours of dry heaving and puking. I have some pics up on my facebook already of Mount Hood and some other sights.

No comments: