Family photo

Family photo

1/11/2009

A LONG TIME!

It has been such a long times since I last blogged! I apologize to all you avid Emily's blog readers out there, you must have been dying without my posts to entertain you! Just so you all know, I am now currently residing in Ogden again and working at Lee's just livin' the dream. Now I am back living with parents and that has been quite the adjustment in itself. Christmas was really great!! We had a lot of fun, my brothers and dad got automatic NERF guns from Santa and they love to terrorize everything that moves. There is still snow here and I hate it, like every other winter. Today my family and I went to Infinia (the old folks home) and we got to do the sacrament program for them. I gave a talk on loving one another and my dad gave a talk and then all the Medsker kids sang a song. My mom played the piano and she did such a great job. She is really good at playing "Music Box Dancer" which is my personal favorite piano piece and she loves playing it for me. Actually, she only plays it every once in a while. So I had to go buy it on iTunes, my first piece of classical music bought on iTunes, woah! And possibly my only piece as well.

A glimpse of what just happened in the Medsker household:
Syd: Dad your so cute.
Mom: I tried telling you that at church today. I said whoo whoo, holy hubba!
Dad: You said holy hubba?

Yesterday Syd and I went and saw Bride Wars. It was pretty funny. It kind of reminded me of How to Lose a Guy In 10 Days, where Kate Hudson is driving me absolutely nuts because she is being so crazy but you still have to love the movie. Kate Hudson was in this one and so was Anne Hathaway, and I really like both of those actresses. They go after each others weddings and it is hilarious, but drives me a little crazy at the same time. At the end Syd and I were both crying, not full on bawling, but we were crying a bit. It was good. Today in church I led the music in Relief Society. That was fun. On Friday Mike came up :)... we are still together and dating. He makes me so happy!! He came up and we went to the temple and did baptisms, then to Gandolfo's, oh man, he has me addicted to that place now, those sandwiches are SO GOOD. Then back home for Oceans 11. We had fun just hanging out all day. My brothers were all excited that Mike was coming over, its pretty funny. It has simply been too long since I have blogged so I can't remember everything I wanted to say. So hopefully I will have some witty comments next week.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

As one of your avid Emily fans, I was so glad to see your new post!!Keep them coming...Grandma M

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

I was so excited to read a new blog on your page. You need to blog more often!

Unknown said...

It is about time!!! Love you!!!

Camille said...

It's great to have you back!!! Sounds like you have made you adjustment back home, even though that is a hard thing to do. I am sure your parents enjoy having you around, but enjoy it while it lasts, because sometime in the near future you will be out on your own again and you will miss the perks of living at home!!!

Ali said...

she's alive!!! just so you know it was 87 degree's here today. crazy hot for the winter!! it was rough going to the beach ;)