Family photo

Family photo

8/07/2010

Ears, ENTs and Baby Watermelons

Well everyone, I finally go into an ENT about my ears. For you of those that don't know I have had an outer ear infection in both ears for around 5 years. I've gone to doctors and they always gave me ear drops saying the ear drops would clear it out. Well, they would work for a while, but then the infection would come back. It isn't super painful, but my ears look disgusting and they are always draining fluids and such. I went to a doctor a few months ago and I told her I had used multiple ear drops and would like another solution but she just gave me ear drops again. But a "different" kind. The "different" kind worked for about a week and a half. And then the infection came back. On Tuesday this week my left ear was really bothering me and hurt. It made me dizzy and I felt sick, so I decided I needed to get into an ENT soon. I called and they had a spot open the next day with Dr. Aoki. So I went to the ENT on Thursday and told me I had a "very severe, or chronic, outer ear infection. (DUH) and he went on to say I was one of the worst cases he's seen. (Later that day he had to be to an emergency surgery.. they changed my appointment time because of it.. so I was guessing he was a good doctor because he was going to do surgery. Or they thought he was good because he is Japanese or something like that) He then cleaned out my ears with this tiny tube vacuum thing. He got a lot of stuff out of there and I felt kind of bad cuz I guess the stuff in my ears kept clogging it up a little bit. I've had doctors tell me not to clean my ears with q-tips because my ear canals are too small and if I did I would just push stuff back in my ears and damage them so I figured there was just a bunch of wax or something back there. I felt bad I kept clogging his little tube vacuum and to tell the truth I felt pretty gross that whatever was in my ears was clogging his little tube vacuum. After, I asked if that was all ear wax or what it was. He said "there was some ear wax, some dead skin, mostly pus." WHHHHAAAATTT?! PUS?! In my EARS?! Que freak out inside of me while he is rambling on about pus. PUS.. Ewwwww... Totally grossed out. So, sometimes now I just feel like a giant pus ball is on top of my shoulders. If I knew all that stuff coming out of my ears was PUS I would have gone to see an ENT sooner. GROSS. Anyway, he cleaned out my ears and that kinda hurt and he gave me some more ear drops (go figure, even though I said I wanted to do something else since those don't work evidently) and I have to go back and see him next Thursday. Oh yeah, and I can't get my ears wet. So... no swimming even though my Dad's Client Appreciation Pool Party is on Saturday (It was supposed to be Friday the 6th, but the thunder and lightening would not let the party happen) and I also have to shower with cotton balls in my ears. Not comfortable at all. Now I am just hoping HOPING HOPING this will work and I will be rid of my giant pus head and ear infections forever.

Lately I have been having nightmares again that wake me up multiple times at night so I don't get good sleep and I'm always waking up with my heart pounding or half crying. I hate it. I hope it will stop soon.

Tweeg got a watermelon out of our garden. I was so mad. It was bigger than my hand. Dumb dog. So the next day I went to Lowe's and got a chain and anchor to put in our yard so Tweeg has a 15 feet radius to wander. That worked great.. for a day. Then I woke up this morning and looked out the back window. I thought "where is his collar?" His collar was no where to be found. We still have not found it.So I went and got another one without a clip, so hopefully he will not break free of this one and ruin my other watermelon that is growing.

2 comments:

Julia said...

I still love your giant now-pus-free head! ;) Hope it better for good this time. Love you!

Julia said...

*it's