Family photo

Family photo

5/24/2009

Update!

Okay, so I know I'm AGAIN slacking in the blogging department. I will get better.. hopefully. Today was Sunday. I went to the Spanish ward because one of my friends is leaving on his mission. So I went to his ward (at 9).. talk about early.. and I get there about 10 minutes early. Well, by the time I find out they are handing out headsets the meeting is about to start so I figure I won't get one. Then I find out that there weren't anymore anyway. It was really cool to just listen to the whole meeting in Spanish. I could pick out a few words here and there but I think I need to learn Spanish. It was a really cool meeting. It was also really nice to see my friends there that I haven't seen in a while. After that I went to my home ward. The talks were good, it was FREEZING FREEZING FREEEEEEEEZING in the chapel today. Whoo, I am surprised I made it out of there alive. Good thing I have little gentleman brothers who will let me use their suit jackets. After church Syd and I headed up to Grandma Medskers house. We were the first ones up followed by J&J&J&J (Jonathan, Janet, Jasmine, Jade). The J's and Syd and Grandpa played Bum Scum. I took a nap and woke up for dinner. My family wasn't there yet, which was a little odd. Well, we ate Parmesan chicken and it was DELISH and I tried calling my family. No one answered at home. They came in the door about 5 minutes later and my mom had made cinnamon rolls. Oh boy were those good!!! After that the twinkies and I took a walk and the others played a card game I think. After that we listened to grandma tell stories about when she went over to England and all our other relatives. That was pretty fun.
Today in sunbeams it was my turn for crowd control. They were pretty good today, I think we just had 6 kids. They were cute.. all boys! Sister McArthur was teaching today and she was telling them about how Jesus healed a blind man so he could see. She asks Conner "Conner, if Jesus healed you and blessed you, would you tell him thank you?" And he said no. And she asked him why not. And he said "Because I don't need to be blessed ane healed!" So she asked if he was sick and needed to be blessed if he would tell Jesus thank you. And he said yes to that. They are so fun. I love my calling.
Things are going well with the wedding planning!!! 89 days! My mom and I get to go talk to the photographer on Wednesday. Dress shopping is next week, so that should be fun.
Well, I love you all! Have a good week!

No comments: