Family photo

Family photo

9/14/2014

Comic Con - SLC 2014

This year I went to Comic Con. Here's my story.

I parked the car at the Gateway and hopped on the Trax. Someone told me there was a seat open. I went and sat down. There was a kid standing by my seat and his shirt said "I Survived the Sharknado." Awesome. I commented how I liked his shirt and we talked for a minute. After we got off the trax he was walking the same way as me to Comic Con so we kept talking. Neither of us knew exactly where to go. We hopped in a line and everyone said it was the correct line. Well, we waited in that line for like an hour and a half and then found out it was the wrong line. So then we ran to the other line. Long story short we spent 4 freaking hours in line. 4!!! But that's okay, because I made a friend! He's pretty cool, his name is Jake. We played Charades, talked about school, talked about people's costumes, and even accidentally asked a cross-dresser what he was dressed up as.. oops. Oh, and my friend's name is Jake. Super awesome guy. Hopefully I'll run into him again!

WE FINALLY MADE IT IN! It was pretty busy. There were a lot of artists booths, which were pretty cool to look at. I liked the artwork. 

Jake got a photo with Sam Whitwer and we talked to Ian Ziering. Ian Ziering was in Sharknado and he liked Jake's shirt. He was a pretty nice guy to talk to! There were a lot of stars there. Christopher Lloyd cancelled, so he wasn't there. I was bummed. But Cary Elwes was there. I never got to see him. Sad. I wanted to get his autograph, but it was $40 and they were only accepting cash. LAME. Who carries cash around these days? Not me. Alan Tudyk was also there, but I didn't get his autograph. And there were a few more people I recognized from smaller roles. It was pretty cool! 

I bought some posters. They were a really good price, so I got a poster for the Hobbit and one for Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back. I'm really excited for one day when I have a movie room and can hang all my posters up!

I really enjoyed all the people dressed up! I asked a lot of people for pictures, some people went all out and looked incredible! I'll post pictures below. 

On Thursday we went to a panel for the Aquabats. That was pretty fun. Darth Vader was asking them questions. 

I ended up going Thursday and Saturday. I was able to get in for free on Saturday because of how long I was in line for on Thursday. 

All in all Comic Con was really fun. I'll definitely go for a day next year. Hopefully they won't have all those lines. And hopefully they will have a bigger place because it was PACKED!

Joker and Harley Quinn

Cloud!

Barf. I picked the picture that was blurry on accident. Haha.

A cute little dog at Comic Con!

Ash

My new friend, Jake, and I!

Getting fresh with the Pale Orc.

He was a little tense so I backed off.

If you zoom in you can see the actor. I know him as the Chinese Restaurant Guy on Seinfeld. 

Sam Whitwer

Sam Whitwer and Jake.

Batmobiiiile!

The DeLorean. So sweet.

Mike TeeVee fomr Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Ian Zeiring. 

The Bat Tumbler.



I was the droid they were looking for!

Jedi

Gandalf wouldn't let me pass without taking a photo with him.

The Aquabats

Darth Vader asking the Aquabats questions

One of the Mythbusters guys

Alan Tudyk

Professor Trelawney

Droid building

Dragonball Z group

Subzero from Mortal Kombat!

A woman with a snake

The end of a droid battle. The little ewok got to say hi to R2.

We are twinners!

Link! Hands down my favorite picture I got taken.

A lego city!

This was so awesome.

And no glue!

No glue at all!

Smaug

General Grevious

Princesses

Princesses, Eric, and a Stormtrooper

Look at that mustache and beard. Wowzers.

Spiderman and Batman

Iron suit

The elf guy from the Hobbit

Eliza Dushku

Iron Man

Ursula

Mad Eye Moody

R2

Getting my head chopped off

Oh no!

My capa was detated.

I don't even know what these guys were, but the one on my left looked nice.

Wall-e!

Han Solo in real carbonite

Troll from the Hobbit

1 comment:

holyfirecosplay said...

A friend shared your pI cure you got of me at comic con. We are glad you liked our Apocalink cosplay.