Family photo

Family photo

3/23/2009

SUNBEAMS!!

So this post is about my cute sunbeams. I love teaching them!! They are just so cute! And a handful.. but they are so fun to teach. Yesterday we leaned about "I Am Thankful For Animals". So I had some pictures of animals on my laptop on a PowerPoint and I showed them the pictures. When a picture would come up I would ask them what the animal was and what the animal said. The first picture was of a baby duck. And I asked them what it was and Timmy said "its a bird!" and I told him good job and asked what type of bird. He thought for a second and said "its a chicken bird!" I thought I could've died laughing. When we got to the elephant picture, Preston guessed that one right. I asked him what they used their trunks for and he said to pick things up and I told him he was right. Then he put his hand on his nose and said "but I can't pick things up with my nose its too short." And then Timmy put his hand on is nose and started pulling down on his nose and said "My nose is long now! I can!" Oh boy they are so funny sometimes. We went through the rest of the pictures and we drew pictures of animals and we also played a game where someone would think of an animal and give hints about it and everyone else would guess. I think the highlight of the class was when I had my dad bring Brandon's bunny into class for me. He came in and we put away our crayons and I took out Bob (the bunny's name.. not anything else). They loved it! At least Timmy and Preston did. Luke didn't want to pet it or anything. When it would hop by his chair he would put his little boots up on his chair. He was scared of it. But Preston and Timmy had a great time petting the rabbit and holding it and watching it hop around. Bob went behind a stack of chairs in the corner and wouldn't come out. So Timmy got down on all fours and stuck his head right where the bunny would have had to come out and he said "Come out! You come out here right now!" They are just so fun. I think that is all I have to say for today, love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a cute teacher! I hope you're still teaching when Keira gets to sunbeams.

Camille said...

Thank you for being such a great teacher. Those kids love you SOOO much!!! They are getting a great start learning the gospel from you!!!