Family photo

Family photo

1/14/2009

Car...

As many of you know, I am thinking about getting a car in the very next soon while. The only dilemma is.... what kind of car?! I really would like a Jeep Liberty. I want one of those really bad. The other car I am possibly looking at is a Honda Civic, and from the deals I have found they would cost about the same to get. Gas mileage is a little worse on the Jeep, but.. the Honda is definitely not as cool! Keep in mind a Honda Civic does not fit my rock climbing crazy outdoors personality. My mom thinks I should get a nice little car, because it is more economically friendly, and I don't need a bigger car right now, plus as I said before, gas mileage is better.... but I REALLY WANT A JEEP LIBERTY REALLY BAD! I think I would just look better in one and I would enjoy it a lot more than little car. So... if anyone wants to chip in their opinion, that would be GREAT!!! Love you all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you should go for the civic. Non SUVs get cheaper gas and fit into every parking space. My only REAL advice is don't get spend more just to get the car you want. Debt is a horrible thing and you don't want to start young accumulating it! Oh and to add to this novel, Reggie says, "it is about time!" :)

Medsker said...

I thinking I don't need to state my opinion :-)

Ali said...

I was going to write what Britt said. I learned from experience and bought a brand new car while Boomer was on his mission and it killed me, i ended up selling 6 months later....do not make your life working to make a car payment, you will have stress and bills later to deal with, get a car within your means and you will be a lot happier. NOT THAT YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED, but you don't want to start a marriage with a huge car payment which a SUV will make......it sucks to have to be practical. I love you!!

Camille said...

Sorry to echo what everyone else has said....I too had my ideal car in mind...and I found it...along with a $300 car payment.....not including insurance....life unfortunately is expensive....something cute and cheap seriously is the best idea. That doesn't mean buy a junker....just buy something that is affordable and one day...you can have your "dream" car...My sister-in-law bought a Jeep Liberty-brand new-not that that is what you are looking it...but 6 months later her husband lost his job and they lost about $6,000 just selling it....Buy something that has a good resale value!!!! They usually cost a little more, but they are worth it. Honda & Toyota are both GREAT buys!!! Hope this helps...Try out Sherm's Store if you haven't yet!!!! Let me know if you decide to go in and I can call and have them keep an eye out for you...Kasey's grandpa will try and help you out!!!

Michelle said...

Dude, get yourself a subaru. Mine has the same clearence as grandma Medsker's Explorer so I can take it rock climbing plus it gets great gas mileage and is sporty and cute.
There ya have my $ .02!