Family photo

Family photo

8/24/2008

Another Post

Well, here we are again. Telling weekly stories. I think I will start with my horror of the week of getting my wisdom teeth out. So I get up and have my dad give me a blessing before I went in with me mom. My mom and I headed in and I got all hooked up to multiple machines.. I never knew they needed so many machines to pop a couple teeth out! I had a couple things hooked up to make sure I didn't flat line and die and another to check my breathing and then oxygen through the nose and then an IV. With all the electrical lines and everything I started to get a bit scared and stressed because the doctor (Michael Broadbent) started putting stuff in the IV and I think it was a good thing because all of a sudden I was waking up and I wasn't stressed anymore. I was scared. DEAD SCARED! I wasn't in the same room I started in and some lady was watching me. So.. I started to hyperventilate.. And the lady told me to breathe slower, but I couldn't! I don't even know why I was scared, I was having all these weird emotions, like I started crying and I was shaking all over. It was pretty bad. Anyways. I think the lady got worried because she started asking me all these weird questions, like to move my right and left hands and then feet. And then she was asking me what I like to do and who the president is (which when I came to the realization it was still Bush I was pretty bummed HAHA!) and what year it was. It took me a while to answer all the questions. But I finally calmed down and my mom came in. Afterwards we went to my dads work to say hi and then home for sleep. I think that the scariest part was waking up hands down. But the best part was the blessing my dad gave me before. I was asked to speak on Sunday and I was pretty worried about that with my teeth getting cut out and all. My dad gave me a blessing and he said that I would heal quickly, and that was said a couple times and he also said that I would be able to speak on Sunday. Which I did today! I haven't had hardly any pain at all the whole time. I have just been a bit tired and thats all. Today I got to be in the nursery one last time and I loved every minute of it! Those kids are just so so cute! I'm going to miss being in there. So lately I've been trying to pack a couple things here and there to make my mom happy because she is stressing out. And its finally hit me that I'm moving on Tuesday night. I'm not sure whether I am happy or sad. I think its a mix of both. I don't think I have any more stories. Except for my new favorite line from Finding Nemo.. I heard this line when I woke up and couldn't sleep because it was too quiet (weird I know) so I put on Finding Nemo and fell asleep to it and somewhere in the movie I was only half asleep and Dori says "Give it up old man, I was built for speed. " And I thought it was pretty funny. Not funny enough to wake up and laugh. But my brain laughed. Questions, comments, queries, quizzical somethings of any kind you know what to do with them! Love you all!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you are going to leave for college this week. I still remember being there. Good luck!!! Make sure you get to your classes, get some sleep and check out every available young man!!! I love you!!!

Medsker said...

Your awesome Em. We missed you at our LOTR party. Have fun Hubby Hunting at the "Y" :-)

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

Hey Girl, I can't believe you are leaving on Tuesday that is so crazy. It seemed a few months ago we were talking about being so excited to go, and here you are heading to the Y tomorrow. We will come and down and see a game hopefully soon. Love ya girl!

ovjamaica said...

Thanks for speaking on Sunday. You did awesome, especially after getting those teeth yanked out. =) Good luck with school. You'll do awesome down there. Just remember my advice. ;)

Camille said...

You did such a great job on Sunday. Thanks again for helping in the Nursery. We are really going to miss you!!! Good luck at school and I got to thinking....If you are interested, or needing it anytime soon, you are more than welcome to borrow my wedding dress...hint hint...You will be snatched up down there. But seriously...I was only married 3 years ago so it should still be in style....ha...Have fun and keep in touch!!!

Ali said...

Emily, I LOVE YOU!! Good luck with the move...you will do awesome!! Just live your life the way you know you should and you will do awesome and be blessed!!! JUST REMEMBER TO SLEEP AND YOU HAVE CLASSES :)I love you and remember I am always an email, text or call away.... anytime!!! Now you are 2 hours closer to me :)